Youtube: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

20. Plot Time!

Youtube: Part 1, Part 2

--The Final Boss--

21. All The Important Items

Youtube: Part 1, Part 2

22. Armageddon Brought To You By War

Youtube: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Loved, loved, loved every bit of this game. Totally disagree with a lot of the reviews it got. Glad to see you doing a Let's Play of this Gimpy.

I've been meaning to play this for ages. Watching the first three parts of this makes me think I should go and rent it tomorrow morning.

Wow I never thought my knowledge of Celtic myths would ever come in handy but I believe Ulthane is more of a reference to an Irish myth not a Norse.

The Smith of Tuatha Dé Danann Goibhniu who played a rather important part in the Second Battle of Magh Tuireadh (The Plain of Towers) between Tuatha Dé Danann (also known as the Peoples/Children of Goddess Danu/The Children of Light) against The Formoii/The Children of Darkness led by Bres and Balor of the One Eye.

During the battle a warrior reported to Bres that every time one of The Children of Danu's army was slain or their weapon broken they would be taken from the battlefield and then returned with full health or their weapon fixed. It was then discovered by Ruadan (his son) that on one side of the plains Goibhniu God of Smiths and his two brothers Luchtaine God of Carpenters and Credne God of Bronze workers had set up a forge and any time a weapon was broken it would be taken to them. Goibhniu with 3 blows of his hammer would cast the head, Luchtaine with 3 hits of his axe would mend the wood and shaft and Credne would then affix the two with bronze nails so swiftly they needed no hammering thus giving The Children of Danu an endless supply of weapons.

Granted this is an Irish Myth but I'm thinking Americans are rather stupid and probably don't know the difference between Irish and Scottish not to mention is name sounds a hell of a lot like Luchthaine.

So there you go if you eever want to know anything more about Celtic Myths just give me a call and I'll will check it up in my big ol' books of Celtic Myths and Legends. (God I am so lame)

That's a great observation! Although I'm pretty confident there's no way they did enough research to look up celtic myths considering how lazily they've taken their inspiration from the extremely available bible. It might have been one of those moments where you half remember a story you heard in a class or from a friend who's obsessed with mythology (like myself) and just go with the half remembered BS, but I think one of the youtube commenters may have hit the nail on the head.

He's a big dwarf. A really really big dwarf. Which makes that Legolas / Gimli comparison pretty accurate as well.

The funny thing is LotR took a fuck load of inspiration from celtic myths I believe he may have even had a degree in the subject and linguistics. which makes them both valid as essentially he is the inspiration of the inspiration of a celtic myth.

Also btw incase you didn;t know my youtube account is TwilightHall

Is there an actual problem with video 3 or has it just not finished uploading?

Hadn't finished uploading. It should be good now. Sometimes I put up the post before I go to bed. =P

amazon needs to deliver my copy of this already. it sucks having to listen to the commentary without watching the video so i'm not spoiled on anything. :boat:

also, filling in the bleep with your own imagination of what Ikari said in episode 10 is better then what he probably said.

how can you be so racist, Ikari?!