Accelerated Evolution

RAGE QUIT on life.

CandieCane

1 member has voted

1. 1. Has your mother always been this bat shit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I never noticed.

Okay. I'm pretty fucking sure, that all this pissy mother bullshit hurled my way isn't teen angst anymore. I'm pretty sure its starting to be her.

My mother's always foreseen as the nice little quiet pushover. I'd really like to meet whoever said that and give them a nice kick to the genitalia. That is such bull crap. Its even starting to seep through past closed doors now.

What the hell am I talking about?

How completely and utterly BATSHIT my mother is becoming.

She's been flipping her shit over EVERY LITTLE THING ever since summer school. Yeah, thats stressful. Having a once straight-A kid going to summer school because they were lazy. Yeah, I was an ass to everyone in this period of having to go, because lets be honest, staying up till midnight or later then turning around and getting up at 6 isn't the best option for anyone.

Now, I'm not talking tossing her mental cookies at me being caught on Xbox at 6 am. No, thats quite reasonable. Especially on school nights.

No, I'm talking about ripping the top off the trailer because I didn't tell her we had milk. She doesn't even fucking -drink- milk, she drinks soy milk. Why the hell should she care if we have regular milk or not? I don't go bitching to her once we're gone, neither does my sister, no obscenities are yelled except by her. What.

The most recent shit she's been pulling, is blaming me for crap I really cannot help, or continuing to blame me once I've exhausted all possibilities of said options.

Most recent example is the library issues.

Lately, we re-newed our library cards. No issues. Well, last night, very nicely not even raising my voice, I say 'mom, our library books are due tomorrow. You think you can swing by after work?'

I get, I shit you not quite literally in all caps: "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THOSE FUCKING BOOKS WERE DUE? GOD DAMNIT WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL ME ANYTHING. THIS IS WHY I DON'T EVER WANT TO FUCKING GET YOU ANYTHING. "

It bled into today.

Mom started out harmless [she usually does] "Hey. What time the library close?"

"me: I don't know mom. "

"Mom: Well fucking call and ask,lazy shit. "

"Me: ....seriously? Okay whatever. /calls Mom it said wrong number. "

"mom: Well go check the phone book. "

"Me: Same number on the magnet and pamphlet we have, plus same number on the reciept. Pretty sure its the same number. "

"Mom: Okay well I just called. Not the fucking wrong number. You did something wrong."

"Me: ...yeah okay, blame me for double- no triple checking something that was on a slip of paper the librarian gave me. Jesus this isn't the first time they've given us typos. "

"mom: Then you don't just get anymore books if you're going to act this way. "

...what.

I've had someone who's mother was a complete bitch pot head say my mother was a few short of a full deck.

Anyone elses mother like this? Or do their warentees eventually just -give- and they all become batshit before senile?

My mom is insane. I feel your pain.

Right now I live with my parents again due to having finished college but having no money. (hopefully it's just temporary, as I've got a job and stuff).

I could basically live with my dad indefinitely, he's a cool guy.

But my mom is bonkers, too. She has very specific plans about how she wants... everything to go. And if you move from those plans first she'll get really passive aggressive, and then she'll just get straight up aggressive.

It's really stupid and I don't want to deal with it, haha.

My mother was bat shit insane. I've talked about it here a couple of times. Actually, your mother sounds fairly similar. Losing her mind over the stupidest shit, blaming me for things I had nothing to do with, etc.

Recently though? Hell knows what happened, but she's become relatively tame. Nice, even. I've only seen her get mad over one stupid thing in like the last three months.

I can't really give you any meaningful advice since my problem basically solved itself. I guess you need to roll with the punches - soon enough you'll hopefully be able to leave home and have complete control on when and whether or not you have to put up with her bullshit.

Well, Sien, I'll take your advice and just roll with it. Seems the best I can do ist hat pretty much. She seems to be calming down, but she'll still flip out if I didn't do something, or I did do something that she didn't approve of first [like today. I lit a candle because the kitchen smelt like ass. I kept checking up on it. She said I could have burned the house down because I never leave my room. :/ I wanted to argue back, but I just kept my mouth shut. ]

I'd go live with my dad but there are three issues with that:

1] he's 13/14 hours away from here.

2] he's a gigantic douche and his son almost killed me.

3] I'd rather stay here with my friends and just deal than have to start over up there. I tried to start over there when my mom 'left' my stepdad, it didn't work. Know I'll have to start over on a lot of things in life blahblahblah. Know that. But for right now, happy with my little southern life.

Well, Sien, I'll take your advice and just roll with it. Seems the best I can do ist hat pretty much. She seems to be calming down, but she'll still flip out if I didn't do something, or I did do something that she didn't approve of first [like today. I lit a candle because the kitchen smelt like ass. I kept checking up on it. She said I could have burned the house down because I never leave my room. :/ I wanted to argue back, but I just kept my mouth shut. ]

I'd go live with my dad but there are three issues with that:

1] he's 13/14 hours away from here.

2] he's a gigantic douche and his son almost killed me.

3] I'd rather stay here with my friends and just deal than have to start over up there. I tried to start over there when my mom 'left' my stepdad, it didn't work. Know I'll have to start over on a lot of things in life blahblahblah. Know that. But for right now, happy with my little southern life.

It's good to have a positive attitude. I mean, remember that your mom is probably stressed out about her own shit and try not to take it too personally. I know that's basically impossible, especially because arguments with parents are always that much worse because, well, they're your parents. It can suck, emotionally. But just try to stay calm and discuss things rationally, even if she won't.

Also, I've found that not living with my mom greatly improved the quality of my relationship with my mom. And moving back in with her like I recently did (y'all knew there was a reason I'm actually posting on AE again :mario: ) didn't help things at all. In fact it made things worse. So there's that to consider.

Also boo to the dude that tried to kill you. That's not good.

It's good to have a positive attitude. I mean, remember that your mom is probably stressed out about her own shit and try not to take it too personally. I know that's basically impossible, especially because arguments with parents are always that much worse because, well, they're your parents. It can suck, emotionally. But just try to stay calm and discuss things rationally, even if she won't.

Also, I've found that not living with my mom greatly improved the quality of my relationship with my mom. And moving back in with her like I recently did (y'all knew there was a reason I'm actually posting on AE again :mario: ) didn't help things at all. In fact it made things worse. So there's that to consider.

Also boo to the dude that tried to kill you. That's not good.

I've always had a good relationship with my mom, doesn't matter what rough spots we hit. We still do, its just she's gotten off her rocker and took a stroll around the block. I'm trying not to take it personally, but its a little below the belt when she blames shit on -me- that obviously wasn't -done- by me.

Well. Maybe when I move out, things might get better. But for the time being. Just gonna be a trooper and dig it out.

yeah seriously. Dad didn't even say shit to him about him nearly -drowning- me, yet he told me to quit my shit. WHAT THE FUCK. GOOD PARENTING AHOY CAP'N.

I've always had a good relationship with my mom, doesn't matter what rough spots we hit. We still do, its just she's gotten off her rocker and took a stroll around the block. I'm trying not to take it personally, but its a little below the belt when she blames shit on -me- that obviously wasn't -done- by me.

Well. Maybe when I move out, things might get better. But for the time being. Just gonna be a trooper and dig it out.

yeah seriously. Dad didn't even say shit to him about him nearly -drowning- me, yet he told me to quit my shit. WHAT THE FUCK. GOOD PARENTING AHOY CAP'N.

hahahaha

Yeah it could be there's some shit going on that you don't know about (less likely cuz it's your mom, but still). Something must have caused the sudden ~change in equilibrium~.

But yeah, being a trooper is good. Even if everyone around you is fucking bonkers -- that's no excuse for you to be bonkers yourself.

My father is an anti-intellectual who has slowly grown more and more paranoid as he ages.

Found the best strategy against his pharisaical arguments is to simply walk away.

That's unfortunate that you have to deal with that kind of trash on a daily basis.

There is nothin I hate like an anti-intellectual. Maybe a capitalist. The two often go hand in hand.