Accelerated Evolution

Battlestar Galactica

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They enjoy the stereo-typed moves I guess. "Man with the Screaming Brain" and "Alien Apocalypse" were awseome though.

That's because 1. Bruce Campbell is a god and 2. The Man With the Screaming Brain was not made by Sci-Fi, just paid for by it so they could call it a Sci-Fi Original movie.

SG-1 is great, I asked my friend to burn some Battlestar for me. I've never watched it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fully caught up with the show now. I watched the second half of season 1 and all of season 2 so far in 3 or 4 days a couple weeks ago. I may actually be able to watch it on real TV tonight since I'll be at home where I have the SciFi channel. As far as TV scifi/drama shows go, Battlestar Galactica has essentially become my favorite. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite non-comedy/animated TV show on right now.

• 3 weeks later...

yea this series came as a shock to me. i thought they would never make a new battlestar series after the old one. i belive ths new one takes place after the old series, still, the old series was a si-fi classic. but yea i have seen a few of these new episodes i thought them to be rather good. like Arsinol said the acting is great.

Military based science fiction has always given me a weird feeling. That authoritarian air just puts me off.

Well one of the major themes of Battlestar Galactica is the tension between the civilian government and the military, who hold all the power, but choose not to run a totalitarian regime.

I just watched the season 2 finale. It was excellent and completely took me off guard.

I don't know, when they staged a coup at the end of the first season it was getting damn close.

Well yeah, but the point I was trying to make was that the show doesn't flaunt military authoritarianism and that much of the show is about trying to preserve civil freedoms in the face of a gigantic disaster.