Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Ceraziefish

So I'm in this band

We play music and stuff.

We're called Mona Lisa Overdrive.

Here's our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/pieceofmindpage

If you wanna get a CD of our demo EP they're like $3 (they're actually more but since I don't give a fuck and y'all are AE members, that's just for shipping), although I'm out of stock right now until I get around to making more cardboard sleeves (they come with hand-printed art on them! by me and the other guitarist!). It's called Squalorama and it's out on Past Life Records. Send me a PM if you wanna get one, otherwise I'll be posting a link to a rapidshare or whatevs when I get it, haha. BTW all the songs on our EP are on our myspace, so all you're getting with the EP itself is the sleeve, basically, and the satisfaction of supporting local music in a place you don't live. Plus you'll be able to easily and conveniently listen to it in your car (if you already have a CD player).

But srsly guys, tell me what you think. And PM me if you want a CD.

sounds real groovy, do you have all the initial instrument and vocal files? you don't have to use it, but I'd love to mix and master it my way and see if you like it.

-sigh-

Just trying to be helpful, and it will add to my portfolio.... and I love working on music.. which is why I am moving to florida in December to goto full sail to get my Bachelors in Music Engineering / Recording Arts. I love to put my twist on things, make certain sounds stand out, pump up the drums, make the guitar distortion more full, or if its clean make it ring and shiny sounding.

Sorry for asking, like I said - You could let me work on it and not accept the finished product, or maybe you'll like the finish product. Nothing like free studio mixing / mastering?

Why is that such a bad thing?

Any musician on our forums, if they have recordings that they'd like me to mix or master, or atleast allow me to give it a go (and keep their original anyway) I am more than happy to. It's what I will be doing for a living, with my band coming in second. (although right now band is 1st priority. got some good stuff for the third album... hopefully. More screaming, less high octave mumbling crap).

If I had all the original vocal tracks I would for the fuck of it, and twenty bucks make it sound awesome.

oh and Noodle, sorry for being a musician of which works on his stuff and takes it very seriously... as my career. It's not whoring my self out, its who I am, and what I am. Wind is Galexia and Galexia is Wind, and no matter what or how you feel about the music, I always release the album to AE before anywhere else for FREE in mp3 format, and let other people buy it. (something I think is kind, and I also want the feedback from a randomized group of people with various musical tastes to judge it, its like a non paying job for all of you) so if you consider that to be whoring out, then you gotta "check yourself before you wreck yourself" or however it goes haha.

Whoa now. $20? Pretty sure you were just advertising your services for free. But I guess I know see how it is with all you big time record executives.

in other words it was a bet. twenty bucks says I could make it sound better, not that I was charging. stop being an idiot.

Whoah guys, take yer arguments elsewhere.

Wind, I appreciate the offer, but this was all done live and really recorded pretty primitively. Like I said, it's a demo... a couple of those songs I had never even heard or learned how to play until about 15 minutes before we recorded them, hahaha. So yeah, we don't really have separate instrument tracks, and it sounds kinda crappy, but whatever (not really whatever, production is important and shit -- we're hoping

Nothin wrong with a little "whorin yourself out" or "promoting yourself" or whatever you want to call it. Like he said, more stuff in your portfolio is always good, and you never know who you might meet. Some people might get annoyed at musicians for always being like "yeah I'm a musician" but what if you met some awesome record producer who you didn't know about and didn't ever talk about music with because you didn't mention you played guitar? I mentioned my band to one of my coworkers randomly, turns out he's really into the scene in Seattle and he gave me this huge list of underground clubs that I'm gonna try and get us shows at. So you gotta be public about the fact that you do music stuff, because you never know who's listening. Obviously that's a little less of a big deal on AE, but it's still a nice offer (I mean, clearly this music needs it, even if Wind wasn't a competent producer already it's still not exactly a hifi masterpiece, hahaha).

If any of you crazy cats want to hear our EP, you can download it here.

But when I finally do start making and selling the real CDs, they will come with a kooky bonus track! But let this satiate your desire for lo-fi jamz for the moment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQCE1STM

Personnel:

Cooper Uglow - guitar, vox

Paul Molyneux - bass, vox

Robin Flowers ( :awesome: ) - lead guitar

Ben Amelse - drums

The drums were recorded with just one mic!

Whoah guys, take yer arguments elsewhere.

Wind, I appreciate the offer, but this was all done live and really recorded pretty primitively. Like I said, it's a demo... a couple of those songs I had never even heard or learned how to play until about 15 minutes before we recorded them, hahaha. So yeah, we don't really have separate instrument tracks, and it sounds kinda crappy, but whatever (not really whatever, production is important and shit -- we're hoping

Nothin wrong with a little "whorin yourself out" or "promoting yourself" or whatever you want to call it. Like he said, more stuff in your portfolio is always good, and you never know who you might meet. Some people might get annoyed at musicians for always being like "yeah I'm a musician" but what if you met some awesome record producer who you didn't know about and didn't ever talk about music with because you didn't mention you played guitar? I mentioned my band to one of my coworkers randomly, turns out he's really into the scene in Seattle and he gave me this huge list of underground clubs that I'm gonna try and get us shows at. So you gotta be public about the fact that you do music stuff, because you never know who's listening. Obviously that's a little less of a big deal on AE, but it's still a nice offer (I mean, clearly this music needs it, even if Wind wasn't a competent producer already it's still not exactly a hifi masterpiece, hahaha).

ah wow thanks for the standing up! yeah I'm heading down to florida to get my Degree in Music Engineering in december, at Full Sail Univesity, I am hoping eventually I become a big name producer, but its all about connections and how well you do down there to make that happen. over 100 graduates either won or were nominated for grammy's in the past 6 years, and its a not a "big" school student body wise every year. Should be fun to have my own apartment finally. but yeah, cheers its good stuff. Now I gotta post a thread about all my missing "The Maze" Demo's that I may have posted up here.

ah wow thanks for the standing up! yeah I'm heading down to florida to get my Degree in Music Engineering in december, at Full Sail Univesity, I am hoping eventually I become a big name producer, but its all about connections and how well you do down there to make that happen. over 100 graduates either won or were nominated for grammy's in the past 6 years, and its a not a "big" school student body wise every year. Should be fun to have my own apartment finally. but yeah, cheers its good stuff. Now I gotta post a thread about all my missing "The Maze" Demo's that I may have posted up here.

Yeah, not living with your parents anymore is pretty much the single most dramatic quality of life raise in most people's lives. Hahaha. Good luck wit' da college.