Accelerated Evolution
eleet

The passing of one of our members

When I read what Brian posted on Buki's FB it was pretty shocking. I figured when she just disappeared it was because she'd just gotten too busy for the internet and what not. It's so awful knowing she's gone, even though we only communicated through digital means, we still had some good times. She had an awesome sense of humor and personality and I know we will all miss her greatly. I still have this artbook she sent me once and I remember she didn't know my real name so she wrote "Makil" on the post. The mail lady came up to our house and thought it was a dangerous package or something because no real name was on it. xD

RIP Amy. :[

Holy fuck dude. This is so shitty. I loved Amy. There was a period of time there where I would've counted her among my best friends, but then we didn't talk for a really long time, and... fuck.

She was so amazing. Fuck, I'm actually pretty fucking distraught by this.

this is really sad/strange to hear.

it's hard to imagine some dead especially at only 21?

what a life...

i was worried about her too like laurie said. i talked to her last summer for the last time over aim and she seemed really mentally unwell/detached but i never really learned the details

it's strange i mean we talked since we were like 12/13 and for a long time i thought of her as one of my best friends and we were really close.. i've never met such a genuinely good/nice person... sad that it seemed like her life suddenly took a sharp turn for the worse when her parents divorced and then college etc idk

i wonder what happened.

As tactless as it may seem, I was thinking about asking one of the people who created the memorial page. I just have to think of a way to ask that doesn'tmake light of her passing or make me sound self important.

i don't mean to sound like a total asshole, or thread crap here. but really?

you can't read that facebook page and the comments and not know how it happened?

Specifically, no? I don't see any references to what happened on the Facebook page. Obviously I have a good idea, but a part of me wants to know for sure. I don't think that's terribly abnormal.

Specifically, no? I don't see any references to what happened on the Facebook page. Obviously I have a good idea, but a part of me wants to know for sure. I don't think that's terribly abnormal.

well, you're not going to get any specifics unless you ask. but it's pretty clear. what isn't written paints the broader picture.

edit: good that someone else said and confirmed it. seriously i can't believe anyone didn't get that from the facebook page.

Hi,

There's no need to apologize--I'm sorry that you had to find out on facebook. I guess there's really no easy or tactful way to go about any of this.

What happened is very upsetting. Amy committed suicide in early July. Her grandmother, who she had been living with at the time, says she was suffering from severe mental illness--from the description she provided, it sounds like it was manic depression, although she didn't use that term precisely so I'm not 100% sure. Amy was in psychiatric treatment but I guess the problem was extremely severe.

Please let me know if you want contact information for her family (I have her grandma's address as well as her mother's) if you want to write to either of them, or if you have any more questions.

well, you're not going to get any specifics unless you ask. but it's pretty clear. what isn't written paints the broader picture.

Well obviously. I was fairly confident she had taken her own life just from how she seemed the last few times we'd spoken and the lack of any explanation on the memorial page. I still don't see an issue with wanting some clarification and certainty. *shrug*

edit: good that someone else said and confirmed it. seriously i can't believe anyone didn't get that from the facebook page.

I don't see why you think we didn't. I'm pretty confident most of us knew. Knowing and accepting are pretty different things.

To tell the truth, I really didn't read the others comments on that page. And I figured something like drug overdose considering clues given by other AE members.

To tell the truth, I really didn't read the others comments on that page. And I figured something like drug overdose considering clues given by other AE members.

I only read a few and stopped there. I figured it would've been OD or suicide, but not from the facebook page, just because I had a feeling it was.

Direct quote from an email she sent me on October 1st, 2007. Warning: it's kind of intense (nothing really personal about her, just emotionally intense given the circumstances).

"I have a lot of trouble applying God to why things are the way they are. It's such a big question and I don't really understand the things themselves. I don't understand why people die when they're young. I don't see what the point is when an 18 year old or a 25 year old dies. I think it's too cruel especially if they were in love. I've never had anyone I know die."

I always kind of hoped that her absence from the internet would be temporary and she would just like randomly email me sometime and be like "hey so we're friends again" or whatever.

I'll miss her.

I was hoping this wasn't the case...but I was pretty sure it was.

I really hope she knew she was loved.

I'm not keeping that post with the email up for too long. I think it's insensitive for me to post that on the internet, but I think that some of us need to see it. Hope that's cool.

I'm not keeping that post with the email up for too long. I think it's insensitive for me to post that on the internet, but I think that some of us need to see it. Hope that's cool.

It makes sense. Some of us was going to ask the people who made the Facebook page eventually.

Thanks for finding out..and yes I know it was kinda obvious but at the same time.. I'm ignorant in that fact.