Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
The Lone Magician

Logo Contest

So, I figure we should have a logo contest, being that Elite update the board skin and released a file for the dimensions.

Here's mine:

post-233-006784000 1287445355.png

I figure with the it'll look better when actually implemented, since the background color is darker.

The psd: http://www.mediafire...8r9glgsaaw028b3

Alt version: post-233-007300700 1287445609.png

The psd: http://www.mediafire.com/?aad4yc2arrd70j4

Live!

Looks like it could use some anti-aliasing or at least some font tweaking to remove blockiness though.

Any other opinions?

Also, your PNG was 68KB for some reason. I opened the PSD (which was 23KB), and was able to re-save an optimized version of the PNG at only 6KB. Maybe Photoshop CS5 is to thank for this .

Please continue posting PSDs if you refine the logo. And thanks for submitting a logo. The default sucked.

I hadn't even seen your post.

People are free to post more logos. They'll all be considered against the current. We can even have a poll eventually.

If the current one is staying, I'd recommend using some font smoothing in photoshop, and not using two fonts. The bottom one is nice but the top one doesn't match anything else on here.

Having it randomize would be fair, especially if more people were submitting. I mean, completely unnecessary, but it wouldn't take too much effort.

Having it randomize would be fair, especially if more people were submitting. I mean, completely unnecessary, but it wouldn't take too much effort.

Nah, it's fine. I'm cool with just one. I DO wish we could go back to an older skin we had, but alas, not compatible with the current board software.