Accelerated Evolution

Post-rock...thing I'm trying

demian

I feel it's a little too bassy in the beginning, but once the tune itself kicks in, I feel that it mutes the ambient noise to a much more tolerable level. I don't find the drums obnoxious at all, and I like that they're (mostly) a good compliment for the song. There's a double-bass-synth drum that doesn't quite fit in at 2:10, but the rest of it flows pretty naturally.

I'm not sure if this is what you were going for, but I think it's a major improvement. The first tune, while good, felt a little bare-bones. The drums add some meat, and they cut out where appropriate. If you lose the bassyness of the beginning, the song as a whole becomes a gradual crescendo, which I like.

But hey, that's just me, can't please everyone.

So, I'm fairly certain I've come up with a "finalized" version of the song, for now at least.

I considered the feedback I got, listened to it a bunch, and edited it until I ended up with something I think sounds pretty much like what I envisioned.

listenz

This is based on the mastered version, but I changed a few things.

I felt like Wind and I were rushing when we chose loops for the drums previously, and I wasn't really feeling the loop method anyway.

However, rather than using the old ones, I created new versions of the old patterns with a more...advanced drum machine.

I also added another little ambient synth I wanted at the end.

Then I mixed all that down and gave mastering the added tracks a shot, seeing as my only experience with THAT was watching Wind.

tldr; If you guys can take listening to it anymore, I'd appreciate it. Critiques, comparisons, whatever. Thanks broz :wub:

So, I'm fairly certain I've come up with a "finalized" version of the song, for now at least.

I considered the feedback I got, listened to it a bunch, and edited it until I ended up with something I think sounds pretty much like what I envisioned.

Good. I'm glad you considered the feedback, and used what was most useful. That's the idea of "feedback" :)

Can't, I'm at work, but will listen when I get home tonight.

tldr; If you guys can take listening to it anymore, I'd appreciate it. Critiques, comparisons, whatever. Thanks broz :wub:

I will happily give you my input, and am looking forward to you putting out more songs.