Accelerated Evolution

wikileaks

I get a kick out of people wanting to try him for treason. What with him not being a citizen and all.

EXACTLY. You can't charge somebody with treason who isn't a citizen of the United States. Anybody who who claims he's traitorous is ignorant.

Furthermore Wikileaks has done absolutely nothing illegal. They haven't leaked anything. They have only published leaked documents. The ones who gave the documents to wikileaks are the ones who commited the crimes. And frankly, I am glad all this has been put out into the open and I support it 100%

I get a kick out of people wanting to try him for treason. What with him not being a citizen and all.

The website was wikileaks.COM, implying an american company. Even if he can't be charged with treason, then have him arrested for war crimes, or something. The man's created an international incident for fuck's sake.

Furthermore Wikileaks has done absolutely nothing illegal. They haven't leaked anything. They have only published leaked documents. The ones who gave the documents to wikileaks are the ones who commited the crimes. And frankly, I am glad all this has been put out into the open and I support it 100%

Publishing leaked documents is tantamount to leaking them yourself. That's bullshit technicality that they didn't leak the documents, only published them. The ones who gave the documents to wikileaks should be rounded up and shot for treason, too. Instead of making a site that has leaked classified information, they should have exposed the person(s) responsible for leaking these documents. Wikileaks is just as culpable as the people who leaked documents onto the site, and anything else is bullshit, period.

Why are you glad this has been put out into the open? Things are classified for a reason. This blatant violation of security protocol is going to do irreparable damage to United States Diplomacy. All of our dirty laundry has been aired out. It astounds me that people are behind this site, and I don't understand why. So far as I've heard, it's classified diplomatic cables. Suppose it was classified military plans, kept out of the hands of our enemies in order to maintain global peace? Would you still support wikileaks then?

It amazes me, too, that groups like Anonymous are on the side of pro-wikileaks because they're all about non-censorship. Assholes, there's a difference between censorship and security. People need to recognize the difference QUICK, or this country is going to have one seriously fucked up future.

The website was wikileaks.COM, implying an american company. Even if he can't be charged with treason, then have him arrested for war crimes, or something. The man's created an international incident for fuck's sake.

Publishing leaked documents is tantamount to leaking them yourself. That's bullshit technicality that they didn't leak the documents, only published them. The ones who gave the documents to wikileaks should be rounded up and shot for treason, too. Instead of making a site that has leaked classified information, they should have exposed the person(s) responsible for leaking these documents. Wikileaks is just as culpable as the people who leaked documents onto the site, and anything else is bullshit, period.

Why are you glad this has been put out into the open? Things are classified for a reason. This blatant violation of security protocol is going to do irreparable damage to United States Diplomacy. All of our dirty laundry has been aired out. It astounds me that people are behind this site, and I don't understand why. So far as I've heard, it's classified diplomatic cables. Suppose it was classified military plans, kept out of the hands of our enemies in order to maintain global peace? Would you still support wikileaks then?

It amazes me, too, that groups like Anonymous are on the side of pro-wikileaks because they're all about non-censorship. Assholes, there's a difference between censorship and security. People need to recognize the difference QUICK, or this country is going to have one seriously fucked up future.

Oh wow. You're serious; I thought you were joking...

wikileaks.org fool... plz learn to internets.

Also, read something... educate yourself.

no it was wikileaks.ORG. He cannot be arrested for war crimes. he has committed none. Not a single one. If he did thats what he would have been arrested for, not "rape".

You seem to misunderstand what has been leaked and what hasn't. And no, it isn't a bullshit technicality. It's the definition of leaking or not leaking a document. As a journalistic organization they did the thing that shows they have integrity and published the documents the citizen and employee of the USG gave to them. Blaming them for leaking makes you seem completely ignorant of both the English language and of what's happening.

YOU need to realize the difference between strategic documents, and one showing how the United States is commiting war crimes, and creating a worldwide shadow government (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/08/wikileaks-cables-shell-nigeria-spying) or supporting child sex slavery (http://humantrafficking.change.org/blog/view/wikileaks_reveals_us_tax_dollars_fund_child_sex_slavery_in_afghanistan) among other atrocities against other countries and humanity itself. Those kind of actions should NOT be kept covered and should NOT have happened, especially from such a "great" country that takes such pride in policing the world. I hope it does damage US Diplomacy, because if it doesn't then it just shows how people will support anybody if they give them the right thing. Comparing a diplomatic cable to strategic documents is just asinine. Not to mention not one person has been hurt or killed because of wikileaks.

Anybody who is outraged at Wikileaks and NOT the United States in this mess is blind and doesn't understand what the United States has done to the world and people. Educate yourself on the situation and what was leaked, what hasn't been leaked, and the entire situation before you start ranting about how Wikileaks is in the wrong for exposing atrocities against life the United States has done or you just make yourself look like a straight up ignorant dumbass.

I haven't read much about it, but I do agree that transparency is usually a good thing, but when it puts peoples lives in danger than I have a hard time arguing for it.

The US Military is designed to put lives in harm's way. Anything that makes their job tougher is doing a service to the whole of humanity.

Blaming them for leaking makes you seem completely ignorant of both the English language and of what's happening.

Or, it makes him another pawn in the the game of political punditry, which is prehaps the greatest threat here. Americans have gotten all too happy to let other people do the thinking for them.

Never let someone tell you what to believe.

I think the leaked cables were leaked in this case just for the sake of it more then anything else. unlike the last round of docs these are just cables of people bitching aabout foriegn leaders and off the cuff remarks that are not official statments or stances.

http://humantrafficking.change.org/blog/view/wikileaks_reveals_us_tax_dollars_fund_child_sex_slavery_in_afghanistan

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/08/wikileaks-cables-shell-nigeria-spying

http://www.fastcompany.com/1708896/wiki-bee-leaks-epa-document-reveals-agency-knowingly-allowed-use-of-bee-toxic-pesticide

thats just bitching.

As much as Belial and I disagree on pretty much everything I'm in complete agreement here. I miss when all journalism was as investigatory as this instead of schlock. The truth is power, and most of the people who are furious about this are desperately trying to save face as that power shifts out of their hands. There's some pretty fucked up stuff in there, and accountiblity is a pretty damn important thing. It's scary how long some of this went on without a soul knowing or even worse those who knew not being fazed by it.

However I do think that anonymous message is silly. Demanding accountibility while claiming they are not responsible for anything the past anonymous is too hypocritcal for me. I could always be pulling implications from that that aren't there, but that's the message that came across to me.

I will number and underline points that i want to address

1.The website was wikileaks.COM, implying an american company. 2. Even if he can't be charged with treason, then have him arrested for war crimes, or something. The man's created an international incident for fuck's sake.

Publishing leaked documents is tantamount to leaking them yourself. That's bullshit technicality that they didn't leak the documents, only published them. 3. The ones who gave the documents to wikileaks should be rounded up and shot for treason, too. Instead of making a site that has leaked classified information, they should have exposed the person(s) responsible for leaking these documents. Wikileaks is just as culpable as the people who leaked documents onto the site, and anything else is bullshit, period.

Why are you glad this has been put out into the open? Things are classified for a reason. 4.This blatant violation of security protocol is going to do irreparable damage to United States Diplomacy. All of our dirty laundry has been aired out. It astounds me that people are behind this site, and I don't understand why. So far as I've heard, it's classified diplomatic cables. 5. Suppose it was classified military plans, kept out of the hands of our enemies in order to maintain global peace? Would you still support wikileaks then?

It amazes me, too, that groups like Anonymous are on the side of pro-wikileaks because they're all about non-censorship. 6. Assholes, there's a difference between censorship and security. People need to recognize the difference QUICK, or this country is going to have one seriously fucked up future.

1. ".com" does not imply any country of origin

2. It is impossible to try someone for war crimes when war has not been declared.

3. This sounds like fascism? I really don't understand why you would ever promote any 'authority' killing citizens.

4. It is necessary for a democratic government to be COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT, this is one of the most basic principles os a "democracy"

5. What enemies are you referring to, how are there enemies in a time of global peace?

6. Censorship is a part of security. Censorship usually occurs under the guise of protection.

I don't understand why you would defend an aristocratic authority's ability to cover up their war crimes, all they while convicting whistle blowers of "war crimes"

thats pretty fucked up man.

I will number and underline points that i want to address

1. ".com" does not imply any country of origin

2. It is impossible to try someone for war crimes when war has not been declared.

3. This sounds like fascism? I really don't understand why you would ever promote any 'authority' killing citizens.

4. It is necessary for a democratic government to be COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT, this is one of the most basic principles os a "democracy"

5. What enemies are you referring to, how are there enemies in a time of global peace?

6. Censorship is a part of security. Censorship usually occurs under the guise of protection.

7. I don't understand why you would defend an aristocratic authority's ability to cover up their war crimes, all they while convicting whistle blowers of "war crimes"

thats pretty fucked up man.

1) I've been corrected on this multiple times, thank you.

4) Name one country with a completely transparent government.

5) Global peace? The fuck you talking about? There are a good number of Domestic and Foreign terrorist regimes out there, as well as entire nations out there that want America 'dead'. Humanity as a whole is too damned conflicted to ever have global peace.

2,3,6) I went into this thread half-cocked, ignorant, and made myself look like an asshole. I've already made myself look like an asshole, so I figured I might as well stay out of this since as noted in my previous sentence, I came in ignorant anyway.

7) I'm as all about oppression as the next guy. I'm not defending the U.S.'s war crimes, I'm defending the U.S. right to secrecy, which we as individuals have, and probably every government out there has. I think it's fucked up to expose a nation's dirty laundry to the world. If you're going to be a whistle blower, go through the right channels. I don't know what those channels are, but putting it right the fuck up on the Internet is definitely the wrong place.

That's all I'll contribute to this thread, I'm already perceived as a government pawn as it is.

I know you said that "I don't know what those channels are" but how is posting it on the internet the wrong place? Especially with the internet being the medium that most people seem to get their news from these days.

As individuals we should have a right to secrecy, but the government is not an individual (pending which conspiracy theory you subscribe to) and I do think that a lot of this closeted information should be known about, and ideally be brought to an end because of it. I'll admit I'm sure there are some stories about off hand comments that probably didn't need to be leaked but I don't have the heart to pour through the net to find any.

Please don't feel the need to shy away from posting because you feel like people are just going to pounce on you for your opinion. You said you didn't know all the details (as I'm sure most of us don't, myself included) but learning is part of a discussion. Unless it's on the interne-oh wait.

Please don't feel the need to shy away from posting because you feel like people are just going to pounce on you for your opinion.

Thanks man. In all fairness, I did state my opinion rather vehemently (though not directed toward anyone on this forum), so the pouncing on me part was inevitable. Still, I have better things to do than lose an argument on the Internets (more so than I already have). Y'all have fun beating up my corpse.

naming a country that's transparent has nothing to do with it. The fact that democracy has to be transparent is different.

This is most certainly a time of global peace. There are people who want the United States destroyed, but that isn't happening. There isn't a world war going on, or anything even remotely near that scale. Overall the world is at peace right now, rather than everybody at war with everybody.