Accelerated Evolution
Siendra

Phantasy Star Online 2

Gonna take months and months of info before I'll listen to this. I've played too many PSO games that were terrible to be excited.

Also that Hunewearl has really weird proportions.

I thought that was just me. She looks like a gumbi toy painted pink.

I hope the game has more classes than PSO and ditches the weapon skills from PSU.

Edit: I just pulled out my copy of ep.1/2, man was that game expensive. I payed $78 for it when I was 14... totally worth it.

Buckets. I came buckets.

I really need to start working on learning Japanese again so I don't have to wait an eternity for the American version. Also, SEGA of America has a proven track record of letting Phantasy Star Online games twist in the wind and die a slow death. Sega only just recently shut down PSO:BB in Japan and now that they've ended support for PSU on the PS2, there are apparently some major updates coming for the PC version.

Edit: I just pulled out my copy of ep.1/2, man was that game expensive. I payed $78 for it when I was 14... totally worth it.

On Friday I purchased a refurb PSP 3000 to replace my stolen fatty so I can finally finish Phantasy Star Portable and then get Phantasy Star Portable 2. I even got a video cable with it so I can play it on my TV. :headbang:

Those two games plus phantasy star 0 ds are the reasons I refuse to get excited about a new PSO. 4 games in a row that have been disappointing is enough. I'm not entirely sure they have what it takes anymore. No matter how green they make the backgrounds, how glowy the swords get, or how big of breasts they stick on that long torsoed and ridiculously thin little girl.

Especially since I guarantee they're going to charge a fucking hunters license again.

Yeah :/

There's no reason for dedicated servers anymore with consoles being able to perform hist migration, so they really only need a match making server. Doubt that will stop them from charging, though. (I'll still pay... sad as it is)

Were those games better than the single player side of PSU? Because that was just... lame.

Phantasy Star Portable is almost identical. ...and they talk way too much. ...and the voice acting makes Just Cause 2 look really professional. I don't think it's a bad game though, just not great. Supposedly they made quite a few changes to Phantasy Star Portable 2 and it's a lot better.

---

I really hope they go Freemium for PSO2. The thing that has really killed PSO and PSU for me was that my IRL friends refused/were unable to pay the monthly fee. I have a sinking feeling they will do it the same as they do PSU in Japan though. There is a montly fee of about $10/month and you have to play extra for special items/privileges. Technically you can play for free, but it's a joke since you cannot access your bank or player stores.

This is looking great so far. Can't wait to see/read more. I've always been a big fan of the art style of the series.

Edit: Didn't see that before.The Japanese release date isn't too far off, if it holds. (this year)

---

Buckets. I came buckets.

I really need to start working on learning Japanese again so I don't have to wait an eternity for the American version. Also, SEGA of America has a proven track record of letting Phantasy Star Online games twist in the wind and die a slow death. Sega only just recently shut down PSO:BB in Japan and now that they've ended support for PSU on the PS2, there are apparently some major updates coming for the PC version.

**** SEGA of America!

On a side note.. I wonder if they ever gave a true definitive ending for the first PSU's mains? (Ethan I think, and Karen)

Edited by James_xeno

On a side note.. I wonder if they ever gave a true definitive ending for the first PSU's mains? (Ethan I think, and Karen)

I have no idea what you are talking about since I didn't get to finish the story. The bastards only put half of it on the disk, and then very slowly released the rest of it as online only so you'd have to pay for a hunters license. They shut it down before I got to finish it. :sad:

First impression: I hate the guy playing that for dashing fucking everywhere.

And: The combat had better not be that stupidly face roll by launch.

Apply face to keyboard

Roll left and right

Profit

Basically it means "stupid easy". I know that was early in the game, so I'm holding out hope that the combat difficulty ramps up a good deal as you level.

That video showed some nice stuff, like using a one handed sword while having a gun equipped for knocking opponents back/launching them in the air. The breast physics look weird and unnecessary...

Well, this is a video of someone playing through the games very first level. I would expect it to be easy. There have only been a few days of closed alpha testing so far. The game is more locked down right now than PSU was when it was released.

Here are some videos of someone playing a ranger (with their face waaayyy too close to the mic.

http://www.multiupload.com/1LHCZH9QKV

http://www.multiupload.com/TSZJFRFF8Q

Been playing a lot of this game. It's pretty damn good. The combo system is super minimalistic, but dodging / blocking is keeping things interesting.

I'm digging the emergency code mini-quests that randomly occur during missions. 2013 for the real release, but until then I'll be on Ship06. =P