Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
J-Stop

E3 2011 Thread

Because God wanted to see what Project Cafe was all about before committing to the end of the world.

Nintendo has Project Cafe/Feel. Sony has NGP, rumored to be renamed PSVita and a bit downgraded since it was shown off in January. Microsoft will probably show off "hardcore" games for Kinect.

This is the first E3 in a while where there are enough games coming out to hold my interest till the end of the year that E3 doesn't feel as exciting. Infamous 2, Child of Eden, Duke Nukem Forever, Zelda OoT remake, Fear 3, Shadows of the Damned, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Catherine, Cave Story 3D, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island, Resistance 3, Rage, Gears of War 3, the Persona 2 remake for PSP, Arkham City, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed Revelations. All due out by the end of the year (granted, some of them will definitely slip into '12).

Konami's pre-E3 "show" starts today in a few hours, you can watch it here. http://www.konami.com/e3/ As for pressers, Micosoft's is on June 6th at 12:30, and Sony at 8pm (est). Nintendo is the day after at 12 I think, if it's the same as the last three years anyway. Ubi's is on the 6th sometime too.

Yep. Hopefully next week will be a bit more active. ;)

Konami's presser was okay. Not a whole lot was announced, but some highlights.

- A Metal Gear Solid HD collection was announced. It'll have MGS2, 3, and the newly revealed Peace Walker HD. (Japan gets shafted, though. Their collection only has 2 and 3. PW: HD is being released as a separate retail game)

- Silent Hill and Zone of the Enders HD collections were also announced. ZoE will have 1 and 2, while Silent Hill only has 2 and 3. SH4 nor the PSP games are included.

- Reboot of Contra was teased.

- Silent Hill: Downpour has been delayed.

- The name of a Silent Hill NGP/Vita project was shown. Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

- New Kojima projected was vaguely mentioned. He mainly talked about it being created on their Fox Engine.

MGS: Rising was a no show and Kojima apologized for it. For how mum they were on it today, combined with the constant reminder to fans that he won't be at E3 makes me feel like he's going to go all Twilight Princess-Miyamoto during one of the conferences and show off Rising with Kinect and/or Move.

Microsoft's press conference begins in a bit. The cat is out of the bag for some stuff though like the Halo remake, and Halo 4.

- Mass Effect 3 will support voice recognition. You can command allies and select responses with the (Kinect) mic.

- Ghost Recon: Future Solider also supports Kinect. You can customize weapons with touch and voice.

- All new Tom Clancy games will support Kinect in some way.

- Youtube and Bing are coming to Live.

- Xbox Live TV is out coming out in the fall.

- Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary announced, comes out Nov 15., this year.

- Forza 4 release date is Oct 11th of this year.

- Fable: The Journey was announced. A on-rails Fable game that is fully controlled with Kinect.

- Minecraft with Kinect controls is coming to Live.

- Kinect: Disnland Adventures, basically Kinect Adventures with a Disneyland theme. Releases this year.

- Kinect Fun Labs. Human scanning to create avatars, finger tracking/tracing, and object scanning.

- Kinect Sports Season 2 was announced.

- Dance Central 2 also coming out this year. Songs can be imported from one and will have multiplayer.

- Short teaser for Halo 4. Will be a new trilogy. Comes out next year.

MS:

Too much voice control.

Don't really care about integrated media stuff, but the UFC app is kinda' cool.

Gun Smith was the Minority Report interface we've all been waiting for.

Not a lot of stuff to talk about, really. I mean, there were announcements, but they didn't show a whole lot for them.

Other:

Skyrim is looking pretty awesome. Glad to hear Dragons are unscripted and the addition of damage-over-time and area-of-effect magic is awesome.

I'm digging Tomb Raider right now. I like the setting, like the redesign, not crazy about the QTE's, but we'll see.

Too much voice control.

Considering how non-present voice control is in gaming right now, I don't think this can actually be true. Especially since only what, 4 games showed any of it, and they'll all be spaced apart of the next year. Yeah, it's fine. Looks weird when presented in a conference, but too much voice control is not a real thing, imo.

Conference was fine all around. Glad to see I'll have my kinect doing a bit more this year.

Also, Tomb Raider did look great, but Lara seems to scream a whole lot. I hope that's just a result of her being hurt so badly in that intro, rather than something that occurs the whole game.

Edit: I love how a the "lightsaber on" moment and the fable game are all people around me at the office are talking about. Non-stop noise about how bad they are. Then I say, "It's fable and a star wars game... what did you expect?" and then they have nothing to say. lol

Yeah, compressing it like that probably skewed my thoughts a little. Still, it bothers me that it was the highlight of some of the demos, like ME3.

Arkham City is looking pretty awesome. I don't know about you guys, but I will spend hours just gliding around like an idiot.

Honestly so far Prey 2 and Arkham City are the two games I want the most. I'm in total agreement about looking forward to gliding around again.

Ubisoft has been really boring so far. Rayman looks neat at least.

I really hope revelations rocks it, because everything else has been a bore.

Edit: Looks like more Assassin's Creed II, but hey that's alright. At least it looks like it'll be fun.

At least it was better than last year? Rock Smith and AC both caught my eye. I think if they focused on making a game out of the first 1/3rd or so of the Farcry 3 trailer, they could really have something, but as it is... 'eh.

Kinda' wondering what, if any, 3rd party stuff Nintendo has for Cafe. I can't think of anything that was obviously missing between EA and Ubi...

I think SCE handled the PSN issues pretty well in their conference. They brought it up quickly and didn't really pull punches about how inconvenient it was for partners and consumers.

It's still by far the largest theft of person information in history, though - so I hope they don't go forgetting that.

Agreed. I'm glad they mentioned it, and they swept it away. Good work.

Edit: Please put on your 3D glasses.

Edit 2: Finally something interesting! Sly 4!

Vita looks nice for 249. Poor europe and Japan though... They got majorly screwed on price.

Software seems weak on it, but whatever it should be a good fight between the 3DS and the Vita over time.

Also Cole in Street Fighter x Tekken is dumb. lol

I'm a little surprised by the Vita's price points. Was expecting it to be $299/$349.

Overall? I think this was better than MS, but not super surprising or interesting.

Edit: Oh, but I am stupid excited Dust 514 isn't canned.

So, everyone with a DSi or 3DS gets Four Swords for free, and everyone that registers OoT 3DS gets an ochestrated OST for free.

So, everyone with a DSi or 3DS gets Four Swords for free, and everyone that registers OoT 3DS gets an ochestrated OST for free.

Yeah, that alongside with Link's Awakening being available today is awesome.

I've been having a blast with excitebike 3d and super mario world. =)

Also mario kart 3ds looks like it's on crack. I approve.

(Yes I am like 40 minutes behind on the conference.)