Siendra

Mists Of Pandaria

There's a lot of information coming out, so here's just the main stuff:

• Level cap increased to 90
  • New Race: Panderan
  • New class: Monk
  • Talent system has been reworked from the ground up
  • New continent: Pandaria
  • Pandaren are a neutral race when rolled - they choose horde or alliance at level 10.
  • No central villain
  • Pokemon like system for companion pets. Capture, battle, level, customize. All companion pets are account wide now.

I like the aesthetic look of Pandaria. Curious what changed the minds of the devs regarding recognizing factions by a races profile. I hope the talent revamp works out - the old trees definitely had problems, but the current ones are super boring.

Oh, and if you purchase a 12-month annual subscription for WoW you'll receive Diablo 3 for free and be guaranteed MoP beta access. I've never been subscribed for that long in one shot before, and I kinda' want the D3 CE so I'm probably not going that route.

The new talent system is a bit too oversimpliefied in my opinion. Not as much flexibilty in choosing what talents best suite your play style and instead you pick a specilization at level 10 and automatically get the passive talents as you level. They really seem to want to dumb things down as much as possible to bring in the more casual playerbase

edit:

big info dump over at MMO champion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2687-Mists-of-Pandaria-Press-Tour

highlights:

-There will be nine level 90 heroics for players as well as three raids with 14 raid bosses and three difficulties. There will be an additional two world bosses.

-There are now seven zones, up from five.

-The Mists of Pandaria storyline is split into two. The whole Pandaren arc where you will discover their continent, help solve problems, figure out what happened for the past 10,000 years and why. The second part of the storyline is obviously the war between the Horde and the Alliance.

-The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign of Warchief.

-The Horde will be giving machine guns and rocket luanchers to monkeys

-Beer elemental instances boss