Accelerated Evolution

The SD&D Abortion Thread

Your views on Abortion.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. When should it be allowed?

• Anytime before the third trimester (24 weeks)
    • Only if it's before the 20th week
    • As long as it's before the 12th week
    • Never, with the exception of medical emergencies etc
  2. 2. And for what reasons?

• For medical emergencies only
    • For medical reasons as well as rape or incest
    • For medical reasons and rape or incest as long as it's before the 24th week

About time for the only discussion where I can be cynical and have people agree with me!

In rape, definitely.

In incest, definitely.

In non-rape/incest, yes. Though she should be on birth control, it'll sterilize her quicker.

Edited by Septimius Severus

This is the most fucking biased poll ever. And I will not vote in either part unless the option "Don't want children" is added.

Or how about: "Had sex in a crack orgy and can't support a child at this present time" That option isn't up there.

OR Its my fucking right to do what I want with a group of cels that are growing inside my fucking body.

On top of that , how do you prove it is rape. What if they were raped and the guy is never cought? What if the court rules it wasn't rape if they guy gets a good lawyer? Do you have proof that you did not concent to the action that lead to the conception?

You have no answer because like all statest you want to push your outdated beliefs on others. Please STOP!, society is fucked up enough without insane religous or "moral" guardians telling the rest of us what we can and can not do.

This is the most fucking biased poll ever. And I will not vote in either part unless the option "Don't want children" is added.

Or how about: "Had sex in a crack orgy and can't support a child at this present time" That option isn't up there.

OR Its my fucking right to do what I want with a group of cels that are growing inside my fucking body.

On top of that , how do you prove it is rape. What if they were raped and the guy is never cought? What if the court rules it wasn't rape if they guy gets a good lawyer? Do you have proof that you did not concent to the action that lead to the conception?

You have no answer because like all statest you want to push your outdated beliefs on others. Please STOP!, society is fucked up enough without insane religous or "moral" guardians telling the rest of us what we can and can not do.

Well said, sir.

I think abortion should be allowed for any reason, at any time before birth.

So if the baby is due in 2 weeks, you're totally for sticking a metal rod up there and scrambling its brains?

Its already been pointed out that the poll is flawed for several reasons, so I'm just going to post my opinions here. My feelings on abortion are as follows.

1. No one has a say on abortions other then those parties directly involved (eg. Parents, their parents if young enough, doctors).

2. If I was to impregnate a girl and she said the decision to abort the baby was solely mine (I know, its not very likely, but we're talking hypothetically here) I would without a doubt always opt to have the child, regardless of financial or other situation. If money were a problem I would find a way to make it work, since if I'm man enough to conceive a child, I better as hell be man enough to take care of that child.

3.An abortion at any time over 90 days into the development of the child seems ridiculous to me. Its not like you don't know you're pregnant at that point, and if you are sure you do not want or are incapable of caring for the child, you should have it aborted right then. Waiting 20 weeks is ludicrous.

3.An abortion at any time over 90 days into the development of the child seems ridiculous to me. Its not like you don't know you're pregnant at that point, and if you are sure you do not want or are incapable of caring for the child, you should have it aborted right then. Waiting 20 weeks is ludicrous.

I'm going to change my stance slightly to allow for agreement with this statement.

Also, GPS, that was another excellent post.

A human being is not a collection of cells slowly grouping together. A human being is barely a newborn baby.

A human being is nothing but a brain, and if the brain isn't develop to a level of cognition then it is no better then an animal.

I've always loved that many of the same people that are for abortion at any time, are also the same people who are against hunting. Tote that party line, tote that party line...

I've always loved that many of the same people that are for abortion at any time, are also the same people who are against hunting. Tote that party line, tote that party line...

I have no problem with hunting. I've never gone, as it doesn't sound too fun. But if people get off on sitting in the woods for hours and perhaps shooting a few animals, I don't mind.

I'm just saying that there are many people who don't eat meat, "because animals have feelings too and its cruel" and who are also against hunting (which, BTW Ceraziefish, you're right, its boring as hell), but they're totally behind the woman who wants to have an abortion 6 months into the pregnancy.

I do not eat turkey because it does not taste good!

Seriously, though, some animals are cool (my cat) and some animals are cool and food (a cow I helped raise and then ate a few years back). The problem is creepy industrial food lots where chickens live their entire lives in cages and shit like that. And cows live packed in so hard they can barely move.