Accelerated Evolution

Xbox 360

Arcane

Great console, decent launch lineup, excellent dashboard/Live experience, and they give you a free month of Gold without requiring a credit card (and if you buy prepaid cards, NEVER requires one).

The demand for this thing is so huge that Microsoft actually went DOWN in the stock market. It reminds me a lot of the kind of demand the PS2 generated with ITS shortages. I don't remember people trying to rob other people (like me trying to leave the mall for example) in the parking lot when the Gamecube or original Xbox came out, or scalping, or ebay auctioning, but it is certainly happening now.

Next shipment in mid December? I would call that "YMMV." The Best Buy locations are probably going to get new shipments every week. Gamestop/EB never really got a lot of units to begin with, so their shipments probably aren't as prioritized by Microsoft.

The only thing that sucks is that because of the LEGITIMATE NOT-ARTIFICIAL SHORTAGE of hard drives, no store had any hard drive accessory in stock, which means I'm running off a 64 MB memory card at the moment. You'd think they could at least upgrade to 128 for the price they ask for. Damn.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next shipment in mid December? I would call that "YMMV." The Best Buy locations are probably going to get new shipments every week. Gamestop/EB never really got a lot of units to begin with, so their shipments probably aren't as prioritized by Microsoft.

Microsoft confirmed in a recent e-mail that new shipments of the 360 will be released every week. Some stores will see more units in early as this monday.

I'm glad I sold mine already, because eBay sales are going to plummet for awhile untill Christmas comes around.

I'll start looking forward to a 360 when more details of Ninja Gaiden 2 emerge, untill then, it seems rather dull.

And a console shouldn't have to be that large when all we really want it to do it play video games.

A console system needs all the same parts that a PC needs to play videogames. High end graphics cards themselves are freaking huge these days. Faster processors need larger heat sinks and more ventilation. We're not in the 16 bit era anymore. Today's computer parts get hot, so you can't cram everything into a tiny little box anymore and expect everything to be alright.

A console system needs all the same parts that a PC needs to play videogames. High end graphics cards themselves are freaking huge these days. Faster processors need larger heat sinks and more ventilation. We're not in the 16 bit era anymore. Today's computer parts get hot, so you can't cram everything into a tiny little box anymore and expect everything to be alright.

Gamecube

My problem with the XBox's size was that we had to put it on top of the entertainment center because it was too big to fit next to the Gamecube. Now, with the GC upstairs, we could always put it back down where it should be. The controller wires dangling in front of the TV are annoying.

My problem with the XBox's size was that we had to put it on top of the entertainment center because it was too big to fit next to the Gamecube. Now, with the GC upstairs, we could always put it back down where it should be. The controller wires dangling in front of the TV are annoying.

Move the Xbox somewhere else then?

Move the Xbox somewhere else then?

Yes, what a great idea. Move it to my bedroom where it will sit on the carpet. Or move it upstairs where it will have to balance on top of the TV.

We'd move it down under the TV, but I forgot that we still have a PS2 under there.

Edited by Septimius Severus

But I want to keep my platformers on the console, and my first person shooters on the PC. And I want to Jap RPGs on my console, my american RPGs on my PC.

I believe by intermixing these things the world will end.

FPS's on a console system date way back to the SNES era, and Western RPGs were around on the NES.

The world still remains fine.

Yeah, and Gamecubes have a 465 MHz processor. Much easier to cool and power than a 3.0 GHz processor.

Sorry, but when you're bitching about the size of a console, it really sounds like you've just run out of things to bitch about.

It isn't only the size, but it is the fact that it is big AND UGLY that gets me. If it was small and ugly that would be different.

I've actually had much more trouble with the size of my gamecube than the size of my Xbox. It's just SLIGHTLY taller than the xbox, which means that it can't fit onto the little shelf that I keep my Xbox and PS2 on, and it can't fit under the entertainment center where I sometimes keep my xbox and ps2. As for portability, I have on many occasions carried my Xbox with all my controllers and several games in my backpack with no trouble.

Okay... now you are just being stupid.

No, you're stupid!

I've actually had much more trouble with the size of my gamecube than the size of my Xbox. It's just SLIGHTLY taller than the xbox, which means that it can't fit onto the little shelf that I keep my Xbox and PS2 on, and it can't fit under the entertainment center where I sometimes keep my xbox and ps2. As for portability, I have on many occasions carried my Xbox with all my controllers and several games in my backpack with no trouble.

Even if it was as tall as the Xbox the games go in the top, so putting on a shelf isn't the smartest thing.

The XBox is larger along the base than the PS2 is along the top. Neither of them fit in my system rack, but the PS2 works if I turn it vertically, the XBox doesn't. Trying to argue that the XBox isn't big is akin to trying to argue that the sky isn't that blue or water isn't that wet. I had assumed this was something XBox fanboys has just accepted and, dare I say it, embraced. But, like the name 360, I guess the fans are doing the same and going right back to when the XBox was revealed and screaming "IT'S NOT THAT BIG LOLZ".