Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Wind

WoW - Progress Thread

Digiburn, 15 dwarf on Burning Blade. should be 16 today.

and apparently a 1884 armor rating is very high for a level 15 =D

EDIT:

oh and i have fuckloads of rest, i was logged off for like 4 months, so i have been playing for 3 days and my rest is still there, badass =D)

Got Ralkest to lvl 9. Also talked to M4xor for a minute.

Goals with new character:

- Don't buy multishot, it sucks ass.

- Keep a massive stock of leather working materials handy so I don't get to making lvl 160 - ish stuff and have to go hunting for an hour to have everything.

- Train my pet from the get go! Yay for not being stupid!

- Finish tons of quests I missed.

- Use my talent point properly.

Ralskest

Malakest

Argh! A Hunter without multishot isn't a Hunter at all! Multi-shot ADDS damage on top of your auto-shot damage and is not on a timer with any other shots. Solo, use it everytime you have to up, PvP or PvE. Use it in mass PvP as much as possible, and use it in group PvE or when fighting multiple mobs if aggro is well maintened or you need to pull a superfluous mob off of someone. Once you get Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot + Auto-Shot + Multishot = ownage. Plus with talents you can increase multishot damage by 15%, and by another 15% with 8/8 Giant Stalker.

If you want a BM/MM build I suggest either of these:

31 MM/20 BM.

31 BM/20 MM.

I personally suggested the first as I found Scatter Shot an indespensible tool. Also do not under rate Scatter Shot, Multi-SHot, or Aimed Shot. If you get Improved Mend Pet, keep rank 1 Mend Pet on your hot bar for spammability. Also, either way, go full 31 into one tree before going the other. The only way I could see you doing otherwise would be planning on the first spec but going 7 into BM for what you said. I assume it'd make downtime after a pet wipe easier but I was all Marksmanship/Survival.

Talents you should never touch: Improved Eyes of the Beast, Improved Aspect of the Monkey, Pathfinding is mediocre but if you want it..., Improved Hunter's Mark, Improved Arcane Shot, Improved Serpent Sting, Improved Scorpid Sting, Improved Feign Death... I have no experiance in, but 4% doesn't seem like a lot.

If you need to know ANYTHING about Hunters, ask me.

And learn to Feign Death/Trap at 30. You hit Feign Death to get out of combat while pulling your pet back, then drop a freezing trap. It's a must in many situations for PvP. Warriors and Rogues will murder you in many cases otherwise. You can pull it off without traps, but you need to be darn good and darn lucky. I once danced with a Warrior in melee when traps were on cooldown and almost won (missed the hit that would have killed him!) but I wouldn't suggest it. I had a macro that cast Feign Death and made my pet return at the same times.

By the way, people will kill you just for being a NE Hunter if you're on a PvP server.

Hunter = nub class

You = nub. Shouldn't you be trolling the WoW forums? ; )

No, but really... Hunter is not a "nub class." The closest thing to a "nub class" I can think of is Paladin due to the use of pressing out attack and then hitting a button for a seal, while at the same time being able to take more hits than Jesus incarnate.

As far as playing a class well, no class is a nub. Nub Mages just suck; nub Rogues are assholes and get raped in fair fights; I have experianced, first hand, a nub Shaman, I left the group and let him die; nub Paladins can do nothing but the above; nub Hunters have no sense of strategy and are too easily chopped up; nub Warriors do nothing but spam MS or something of the like, if one can neutralize or mitigate their damage, a nub Warrior will be unable to adapt; nub Warlocks are too reliant on cheese tactics. Death coil is on cooldown, CCed the Lock and killed the Succubus, bounced back the DoTs, resisted them, or healed... nub Lock is toast; nub Druids make me LOL, a Druid that fights soley by moonfire dies easy; nub Priests die to Hunters 5 levels lower than them, with PW:shield up and while in Shadowform, because they stand there, at range, and cast DOts... and don't dispell viper sting.

There are no real nub classes, just nub players and the fact that certain classes in great gear (i.e. people who have 8 hours a day to raid and PvP) such as Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, Mages, and Warlocks can do stupid damage. Feral Druids, Balance Druids, Warlocks (especially Destruction), Rogues (especially assasination), Hunters (especially Marksmanship or Survival), non-Protection Warriors, fire or arcane Mages, Elemental Shamans, and Shadow Priests do STUPID damage... it's annoying. Especially Hunters, Warriors, and Warlocks. Doesn't make a class "nub though."

I just started playing the game today. My first character is a Tauren Druid.

Whee! Druids are fun. I suggest Feral for leveling, they are also good in PvP and if you have a forgiving guild can bring a good deal of damage and support to raids.

This is good leveling.

Go straight to feline swiftness. Pre-travel form mini-travel form with stealth! From there go all 21 to Nature's Swiftness for an "OH SHIT!" button. Then finish in Feral.

This is my personal favorite PvP composite Feral spec.

You can put 2 points in Blood Frenzy and in in Primal Fury or vice versa, depending on your love/usage of bear or cat form. You can also take the 3 out of thick hide and put them in Feral Instinct if you want better PvE aggro control and better stealth in PvP.

Enjoy your Druid, and keep Warstomp on your action bar. It's teh pwnage.

You = nub. Shouldn't you be trolling the WoW forums? ; )

No, but really... Hunter is not a "nub class." The closest thing to a "nub class" I can think of is Paladin due to the use of pressing out attack and then hitting a button for a seal, while at the same time being able to take more hits than Jesus incarnate.

As far as playing a class well, no class is a nub. Nub Mages just suck; nub Rogues are assholes and get raped in fair fights; I have experianced, first hand, a nub Shaman, I left the group and let him die; nub Paladins can do nothing but the above; nub Hunters have no sense of strategy and are too easily chopped up; nub Warriors do nothing but spam MS or something of the like, if one can neutralize or mitigate their damage, a nub Warrior will be unable to adapt; nub Warlocks are too reliant on cheese tactics. Death coil is on cooldown, CCed the Lock and killed the Succubus, bounced back the DoTs, resisted them, or healed... nub Lock is toast; nub Druids make me LOL, a Druid that fights soley by moonfire dies easy; nub Priests die to Hunters 5 levels lower than them, with PW:shield up and while in Shadowform, because they stand there, at range, and cast DOts... and don't dispell viper sting.

There are no real nub classes, just nub players and the fact that certain classes in great gear (i.e. people who have 8 hours a day to raid and PvP) such as Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, Mages, and Warlocks can do stupid damage. Feral Druids, Balance Druids, Warlocks (especially Destruction), Rogues (especially assasination), Hunters (especially Marksmanship or Survival), non-Protection Warriors, fire or arcane Mages, Elemental Shamans, and Shadow Priests do STUPID damage... it's annoying. Especially Hunters, Warriors, and Warlocks. Doesn't make a class "nub though."

Whee! Druids are fun. I suggest Feral for leveling, they are also good in PvP and if you have a forgiving guild can bring a good deal of damage and support to raids.

This is good leveling.

Go straight to feline swiftness. Pre-travel form mini-travel form with stealth! From there go all 21 to Nature's Swiftness for an "OH SHIT!" button. Then finish in Feral.

This is my personal favorite PvP composite Feral spec.

You can put 2 points in Blood Frenzy and in in Primal Fury or vice versa, depending on your love/usage of bear or cat form. You can also take the 3 out of thick hide and put them in Feral Instinct if you want better PvE aggro control and better stealth in PvP.

Enjoy your Druid, and keep Warstomp on your action bar. It's teh pwnage.

I feel like you just steped on my heart :( and yes, druids do own

however hunters are "nub" because they kill me, and obviously you have to be using a rediculiously overpowered class to do that :P

nutty=owned

Rogues (especially assasination) = me

and nutty I believe it isn't the class that's noob, it's that 90% of people that roll a hunter are usually 6 years old. Oh and they always roll on my swords..

I played a Hunter before it was cool. /wishes they had a smoking smiley

A Troll one at that. Hehe.

I can see a Hunter legitimately rolling on Dal'Rends or something. But a Hunter who rolls on anything with procs, without agility/AP/crit%, that someone else in the group is more dependant on, a fast ranged weapon, leather, cloth, or anything they can't wear = blacklist. I've heard stories...

I had my Warlock before my Hunter and for a while I was leveling both on and off and would send gear from one guy to the other regularly. I once thought I was on my Warlock and rolled on a BoP cloth chest armor...

I just check your character's info, grats on the Dal'Rends. The entire set is hard to get. Bet you never want to touch UBRS again after doing it that many times. :P

Hey, if somebody partied with me on Boulderfist, would they be able to hual me through a ton of exp? I want to get up closer to you guys, but it's taking to long with the limited amount of time I ahve to play these days.

DING 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS MAZING. The 60 shaman and hrode warrior and close behind, one more kill to go, almost there, get the kill, ding!, the shaman lays a totem, moonfand hearths and i run like hell LOL

Grats! Especially on escaping a Shaman. ; )

Grats! Especially on escaping a Shaman. ; )

Shaman pissed me off until I smartened up and dumped some points into Improved Concussive Shot. Now I put them to sleep, poison 'em, and let my pet do the dirty work while I deal with totems from the back.

Shaman pissed me off until I smartened up and dumped some points into Improved Concussive Shot. Now I put them to sleep, poison 'em, and let my pet do the dirty work while I deal with totems from the back.

It's always good to have someone wisen up instead of whine about Shamans. Hint, hint. Multi-shot won't hit the totems if you're targeting the Shaman, so target a totem then use it to catch the totem and the Shaman. I tried to make a macro that would make my pet attack totems while letting me target the Shaman, so I could school a Shaman friend, but it didn't work. : | He was a good Shaman, I could pwn my other Shammy friend easy though.

Re-installing WoW when I get home from work today (Havent reinstalled since I formatted my HDD over last weekend, now my journey for level 60 re-starts... *im at 55*)