Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Wind

WoW - Progress Thread

Druid is in Northrend, at level 71.

Slowly getting better healing gear for my shaman but for whatever reason I just cannot heal Heroic Hall of Reflection. I do everything I'm supposed to, such as staying behind the pillar in the corner out of LoS to avoid getting aggro and putting up a cleansing totem to decrease the status effect but I very rarely am able to get past the initial 10 waves and get to the end.

HoR fucking blows for Shaman. We don't have the passive heals, aoe, or absorption mechanics for it. There's an unavoidable healing debuff during the first boss that just rapes your output. The only real way to get through it is raw stats. There's no special technique.

Did 10 man ICC last friday and picked up 3 pieces of nice gear, including a spell staff. Havn't used a staff for my Shaman since Vanilla so it feels a bit odd

Druid is at level 73 now; slowely acquiring plenty of gold and Triumph badges. Plan to roll a goblin lock on same server so I need start acquiring currency to purchase heirloom stuff.

also I have been considering rolling a Worgen mage once I can level the lock a bit but I am not sure what the ideal spec would be.

idk what addons or macros or whatever you roll with but i always found grid and mouseovers worked great

Decided that I am going to delete my Draenai and undead rogue and reroll them once 4.0 comes out. Chances are once Cata hits it will be pretty rough going in the Goblin and Worgen starting zones so I'll need something to do in the meantime between leveling my main. Also, I'm going to roll a Pally Draenai even though I've hated pallies for being so damn over powered ever since I started playing this game.

Yeah I've been playing around with my fire mage. Holy crap is the dps just insane right now. But pre-patches are always nuts. I remember before wrath when it was just a non-stop shadowstep death fest.

Also, I too think short people have no reason to live.

Druid is now at 76. Thinking of skipping Zul'drake and going straight to Sholazar Bazin since ZD is a boring and depressing-looking zone. Also slowly working on a boomkin set as offspec.

I also deleted my undead rogue and was going to delete my drenai priest but after playing around with the few talent points I had in the disc tree I decided not too. Its much much easier to solo now it seems and their seem to be just as much talents focused on doing damage as their are healing and damage mitigation. weird.

Druid is now at 76. Thinking of skipping Zul'drake and going straight to Sholazar Bazin since ZD is a boring and depressing-looking zone. Also slowly working on a boomkin set as offspec.

I also deleted my undead rogue and was going to delete my drenai priest but after playing around with the few talent points I had in the disc tree I decided not too. Its much much easier to solo now it seems and their seem to be just as much talents focused on doing damage as their are healing and damage mitigation. weird.

At least do the Drakuru questline for the awesome gemmable necklace. But yeah I skip ZD unless I feel like grinding Argent Crusade rep.

At least do the Drakuru questline for the awesome gemmable necklace. But yeah I skip ZD unless I feel like grinding Argent Crusade rep.

I'm skipping over everything minus the Drakuru questline any anything related to Gundrake

Yup that's exactly what I do. The gundrak ring reward is nice too. =P

Edit: Well in the past month or so I've managed to get all my main factions and northrend factions to exalted, working on kurenei now and I should have my Talbuk by tonight. Epic flying gained, saving for 310 speed, 4 piece tier 9 and 1 piece tier 10 and I doubt I'll get any more before cata. Just need to get my heirlooms and 310 then I'm in "grind justice points till cata" mode.

The whole Eclipse cycle thing for boomkins is still somewhat confusing to me. I've done a few 5 mans as a boomkin but my dps is always the right above the healer. Doesn't help that every actionbar mod I've tried has caused an error message to pop up and get in my way whenever I cast starsurge/starfall. Also, why the hell did Bliz have to go and change Thorns to what it is now? Not only is it on a cooldown but it only last about 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes like before. Having to refresh it before every single pull is annoying.

So I am facing a bit of a dilemma: I am strongly considering getting a digital copy or Cata so that I can have access to immediately on the night that it comes out at midnight. It would allow me to avoid having to wait in line (probably outside of a Gamespot in the cold like I did when I bought Wrath) and I could play the game immediately instead of having to wait for everything to properly install and patch itself. On the other hand I would really like a physical copy of the game just so I can have it sitting pretty by my monitor every time I sit down to play before I eventually store it some place more convenient and never touch it again. Unfortunately, doing both of these things would involve paying for the game twice, which I obviously do not want..

Unless you're getting the CE just do the digital dl. What's the point of having discs you'll never use again?

I like that new-game smell. And its not like I would never use it again, I mean in the even that my computer gets destroyed or the game files become corrupt I would need the disc to reinstall everything

Still making my way through Stranglethorn Vale

what server character?

Just bought the pre-download for Cata. I walked into my local Gamestop today and found that they had a bunch of display boxes for the game so I am hoping that they will allow me to have one after the game has been out for a while. I asked one of the clerks their if they would allow me to have a box but he would need to see what corporate would say about disposing of the boxes. Why they wouldn't allow someone to have an empty display box is beyond my understanding

edit:

Today I realized/found out that even though I predownloaded the game that I will not be able to play it on midnight of the 7th since the servers are in Pacific Standard time, mean I will have to wait until 3am until I can log on and play. Coupled with the fact that their will be no doubt downtime due to maintenance and long queues to log in I probably won't be able to play until the fallowing day. Damn west costers ruin everything