Accelerated Evolution
Siendra

AE Viewing/Reading Journal: Born Again.

Noooooo. So the crappiness ensues throughout the series? D:

I would like to read the manga. But then again, how many volumes are there now in english? I haven't been to a Borders in ages. I'm rather behind on what new stuff is out and what series have been completely translated already.

Pfft. Himiko looks like a boi in the anime half of the time. Although in episode 10 she did look rather pretty. The animation really does her no justice. :O

I remember you showing me that scan. GAH. I want to see it again. :D~~

She looks WAY prettier in the manga. I don't know why they changed her design so much. In the manga she's like the anime-Himiko's prettier sister. And she's got BIG BEWBS.

And sometimes the animation is better than other times. It does get better than it is at the begining, somewhat, but not a whole lot or anything. *shrug* It's kind of old school-ish, mostly. I just watched as I would watch an older show.

OMG BAN KISSING TOSHIKI LIEK WHUT

woot! bois kissing!

yay. This scan made my night. <3333 :DD

Hmm...I have Mushishi episode 5 sitting on my computer. I should watch that. :O

And oh I forgot you asked, there are 12 vols in english so far. Which sucks, because there are like 32 in japanese right now. =_=; It seems they're working on their last story arc. Himiko has a double, Kagami is pervy on her, Akabane is involved in strange and mysterious ways, Paul has TEH BIG SEKRIT, people from Ban's past start showing up, Mugenjyo is one big Deus ex Machina and food is raining from the sky.

Yep. Things have gotten BIZARRE.

And pssst...

YIPES WHERE IS THE SPOILER TAG

I was trying to tell you part of Pauls BIG SEKRIT and it showed naked as a baby

*ahem*

spoiler ahead

paul could kick ban and ginji's asses and smear them all over the floor if he wanted.

Edited by Liminal Faery

Iiinteresting.

I want to read the manga. But it seems like the volumes are being translated at a snails pace. Have you had the chance to read any of the english volumes? Are they worth buying? If not, is anyone still scanlating the manga online? :O

Iiinteresting.

I want to read the manga. But it seems like the volumes are being translated at a snails pace. Have you had the chance to read any of the english volumes? Are they worth buying? If not, is anyone still scanlating the manga online? :O

They're worth reading, however the first volume is obnoxiously full of slang like "bro" and "dude" and shit, just left and right. I've read vols 1, 9, and 11 - they're all they have in my bookstore ;-; - and 9 and 11 didn't seem nearly as bad for the slang as the 1st. And at least they didn't change all the culture references to some stupid american shit, they left those alone and gave footnotes for references.

And no, no one is scanlating the manga *sob* However, takadainmate on livejournal is providing chapter-by-chapter synopsis as they come out. (Although she's a good number of chapters behind right now.) She started somewhere around vol 18 or so, I don't remember exactly where, but it was in the voodoo child arc.

They're worth reading, however the first volume is obnoxiously full of slang like "bro" and "dude" and shit, just left and right. I've read vols 1, 9, and 11 - they're all they have in my bookstore ;-; - and 9 and 11 didn't seem nearly as bad for the slang as the 1st. And at least they didn't change all the culture references to some stupid american shit, they left those alone and gave footnotes for references.

And no, no one is scanlating the manga *sob* However, takadainmate on livejournal is providing chapter-by-chapter synopsis as they come out. (Although she's a good number of chapters behind right now.) She started somewhere around vol 18 or so, I don't remember exactly where, but it was in the voodoo child arc.

I really need to get down to my local Borders. I have no idea they have in, but if they're all out I might just order the volumes online... :/

Summaries are nice, but if there are pictures to go along with words I'm totally a visual person. If someone gets stabbed, I wanna see it damnit. D:

*sigh* It's really too bad no one is scanlating it. ;___;

Well, I mean, we ALL wanna see it, but we're so addicted we NEED TO KNOW what happens even if we can't see it.

Also I found chinese scans up till vol 30 with which to read along. =D But she's like way ahead of that now.

Well, I mean, we ALL wanna see it, but we're so addicted we NEED TO KNOW what happens even if we can't see it.

Also I found chinese scans up till vol 30 with which to read along. =D But she's like way ahead of that now.

Yesss~ exactly.

Scansss :O~~

Is that where you got the Ban!ghey smooch scan? D:

Yesss~ exactly.

Scansss :O~~

Is that where you got the Ban!ghey smooch scan? D:

Not where I got the huge ones. The huge ones I saw posted on the Getbackers_yaoi comm and I was all, "WTF?!D:FLKAWJSDA:LKJ?!!!" And promptly ran to Taka like "TAKAAA WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS"

Black Cat ep 10 - akjhga;lsdjfAWESOME

Really awesome episode. Only problem I had was the animation was suffering somewhat again. Wtf, why does it seem that almost all anime series have this problem? I mean, honestly, is it so much to ask to spread your budget evenly? I think the only show I remember ever seeing that didn't do the dip in the middle at least to some degree is Heat Guy J. Which had better animation on the first and last episodes, but that's kinda to be expected. Glitzy start, glitzy finish.

BUT ANYWAY. EPISODE 10.

Completely different from the way everything happened in the manga. Not that I'm complaining, I thought it was AWESOME.

Train goes into hissy-spitting pissed-off cat mode and is generally very sexy. (Kyouko thought so too. xD) Creed goes into megalomaniacal "I'm taking over the world and Train's ass too" mode, and is generally very sexy. Sven goes into cute little "gotta save my friend" mode and is generally very adorable (and sexy.) :wub:

A very dramatic episode. Lots of screaming on Train and Sven's part. We learn what's up with Sven's eye (not that I didn't already know =D) and Janus (squee!) makes a brief but... ahem... explosive apearance. And we get a "formal" introduction to the whole Apostles of the Stars.

And... omg... LEON IS GETTING VOICED BY RITSUKA!!! KYAAAAAA~!!! *head explodes in fangirl glee* I swear to fuck that woman is the only female seiyuu I can recognize without fail every time. Maybe it's just cause she sounds so damn much like a boy.

In short, overall, episode 10 = HAPPINESS. :wub::wub: :wub:

Mia Otome ep 4:

Just becuase they can never know a man's touch doesn't automatically make them all turn gay. And bathing each other in the nude doesn't mean thier gay either. Geez~ :tongue:

Gotta get satisfaction from somewhere.

I saw no clear indication that any of them were gay in that episode. We already know Shizuru is gay, but she was like that last season. Animu fans seems to looooooooooooooove finding hidden meanings where thier aren't any.~

dude, I'm not actually watching mai otome, but Dave is, and everytime I glance over at it there's some seriously lesbo action going on. o.O; What episode are you on?

Your kidding right? My original post says "Mai Otome ep 4". That means I was posting about Mai Otome episode 4. Learn to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

I saw no clear indication that any of them were gay in that episode. We already know Shizuru is gay, but she was like that last season. Animu fans seems to looooooooooooooove finding hidden meanings where thier aren't any.~

Kay. Gossip girls is gay. Natsuki is gay. Shizuru is gay. Ealis is gay. Erstin is gay. Coral #2 is gay. And I still say Arika is and simply doesn't know it.

Although, it's better then Nina's father complex.

Kay. Gossip girls is gay.

who?

Natsuki is gay.

debatable. From what I've seen, thier might be something between her and Tate 2/0

Shizuru is gay.

Shizuru will always be gay. Its so much a question of if shes gay, its a question of how gay

Ealis is gay.

again, who?

Erstin is gay.

Can't tell from one episode

Coral #2 is gay

who dat

Your kidding right? My original post says "Mai Otome ep 4". That means I was posting about Mai Otome episode 4. Learn to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

Uh. OH. I hadn't had any sleep and it was on the previous page, gimmie a break. xP

But yeah anyway, Dave's farther along than that. Trust me, its um... preeeetty gay.