Accelerated Evolution

For Far Cry Fans..

Oerlikon

Off-topic: some bad news, STALKER has been delayed (again) until 2007. This kills me, I've been waiting several years already for it's release.....

keep in mind, the graphics in stalker are so in-depth that you can watch the paint fall off the walls. you can probably shoot anything too.

you know what should be made, a shooter where it's so realistic, if you shoot a wall or something then there's an accessable hole in it, so you could like shoot a wall in a house then like kick it and walk through the hole.

that would be righteous.

keep in mind, the graphics in stalker are so in-depth that you can watch the paint fall off the walls. you can probably shoot anything too.

you know what should be made, a shooter where it's so realistic, if you shoot a wall or something then there's an accessable hole in it, so you could like shoot a wall in a house then like kick it and walk through the hole.

that would be righteous.

That would be a ridiculous processor hog. The only way I can think that it would work is if the Physics Engine tracked each (very) small "block" of the wall, and when you knock them out of the way it knocks out some and has other keep their stability based on the structure.

Of course, if they did this, you could also do things like chop off someone's arm and then the arm would be cut off exactly where you cut it. But still -- ridiculous processor hog.

The original's got better multiplayer anyway. Map editors! Coil rifles!

Red Faction 2's the one where you couldn't do it anywhere. You could blast holes and hide wherever you wanted in Red Faction, as long as you had the rocket ammo to do so (And of course you couldn't shoot through a door or the bottom of the map or anything)

that would be righteous.

Level design would be a bitch though. I fully expect something like this to come along eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...