Accelerated Evolution

FFXI - Anyone play it?

Kyoudai

Do I have to join this club to post here? Forgive me if I'm trespassing.

Anyway, I play FFXI. Just wondering if anyone else did. I'm a 75 Samurai / 37 Thief. Currently working on my Paladin now, its at 39. If no one plays it then there is no reason to go on, but if someone does then lets have a discussion. :D

I still play from time to time. Lv. 12 Warr/10 Blk mag on Ragnarok.

Haven't played in a long while, though. Last time I remember being on was when me and CV partied to get the quadov parts. We were able to get them, but CV ended up getting us lost in the cave and he got booted off, leaving me surrounded by high level Quadovs.

It was fun, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, Scar. I was thinking about that the other day. I gotta be honest, I don't enjoy endgame at all. It's not fun. Being low level, doing low level things, partying with people who are just there to have fun and aren't elitists trying to grind and grind as fast as they can... Just playing the game at your own pace because its fun.

Ah well... I'm leaving FFXI behind me now anyway. I loved it so much while it lasted though, and there will be times when I miss it. But time to move on.

I admit, most the people I play with are total fags, they want to be the best and play with the best. They forget who was nice to them and how to have fun.

One of the main reason I even play anymore is to get Dragoon Artifact....

everything else is just to pass time.

Killing people in WoW was way more fun, but that game had MMO problems, never really had anyone to play with. I was paying to play alone....

not that fun in my eyes.

Though I did kill thousands of Horde just minding their own buisness...

THAT was fun ^^;

I don't know if I'll ever try WoW. I don't know if I'll ever try another MMORPG. I'm sure I probably will, since they aren't going anywhere, and I'm sure they will make one eventually that really sparks my interest.

There is nothing like starting up a new character on FFXI and experienceing everything the game had to offer from a completely new view, especially with friends I knew before I played. Something like that can only happen again with a completely new game though. Although I still enjoy leveling my mules in FFXI.

Square did that because how often do you play with just one party member in a FF game? The fact that you NEED people to help you with everything is annoying sometimes, but if you get a good party its a lot of fun to always have some good company.

I was talking to Masked Man #2 a while ago about City of Heroes, the MMO he plays. Now, since he was taking up so much of our Masked Bandwidth with it, I asked if I could play it to see what all the fuss was. It kind of sucked, to be honest, and he freely admitted it. He said something similar to what you said, which was that apparently a lot of cool people hang out on the roleplaying servers.

Actually, for a while he was apparently involved in some pretty big player driven story arc and talking about it all the time.

Moral of the story: MMO's suck unless you dedicate too much time to them.

I don't know if I'll ever try WoW. I don't know if I'll ever try another MMORPG. I'm sure I probably will, since they aren't going anywhere, and I'm sure they will make one eventually that really sparks my interest.

There is nothing like starting up a new character on FFXI and experienceing everything the game had to offer from a completely new view, especially with friends I knew before I played. Something like that can only happen again with a completely new game though. Although I still enjoy leveling my mules in FFXI.

Play DAoC with me.

I have never met anypne who plays it. ;__;

On FFXI:

You spend 30 minutes trying to get a party to end up with a bunch of morons and exping takes so long and then you die after everyone leaves and delevel even though you had a buffer and the economy is shot to hell and AAAAAAAAAARGH! DX

Elvaan are hot though.