Accelerated Evolution

First Screens of Mother 3 Revealed.

J-Stop

I'd rather have this than try to make it into 3D or some shit like that cause God DAMN do companies fuck up that transition bad.

I mean more along the lines of making it a DS title and actually making the 2D graphics on par with say, Castlevania. I know that Earthbound hasn't been around for years, but I don't think anyone would be bitching if there were great looking sprites and environments.

Oh come on, fuck this up-to-date graphics bullshit. The Mother games have always been behind their time in terms of using the graphical hardware to its fullest. Graphics whores are not part of its targeted demographic. If you care so much about graphics, go play some shitty EA games. These Mother 3 screen shots fit the style of the series perfectly, and adding a higher resolution and greater color depth won't make the game any more enjoyable.

Anyway, I'm glad that it's on GBA and not DS. One of the big reasons is because since it's on GBA, I'll be able to play it on my TV. The other reason is that the game would never be finished if they put it on DS. I mean, it took them six years to finally pull the plug on the N64 version, and it took them three years to develop it for GBA. I'd rather have it now than wait another ten years for them to finish it for DS.

Oh come on, fuck this up-to-date graphics bullshit. The Mother games have always been behind their time in terms of using the graphical hardware to its fullest. Graphics whores are not part of its targeted demographic. If you care so much about graphics, go play some shitty EA games. These Mother 3 screen shots fit the style of the series perfectly, and adding a higher resolution and greater color depth won't make the game any more enjoyable.

OK, you can stop the whole old-school prick thing, because it gets pretty annoying after awhile. I never said anything about wanting amazing graphics, just not something the Game Boy Color would play with ease.

With this logic, as long as you can make out the characters and the evironment, everythings great because it's an Earthbound game. Sure, it's "cool" to be an Earthbound fan and all that groupie bullshit, but there are standards.

I guess I'm just not one of those people who will take anything thrown at them to see an old series be revived.

OK, you can stop the whole old-school prick thing, because it gets pretty annoying after awhile. I never said anything about wanting amazing graphics, just not something the Game Boy Color would play with ease.

Gameboy Color has a much lower resolution and smaller color palette. It could never produce graphics like that. Plus, even if it did look like a GBC game, who cares? GBC had some awesome games despite its weak graphical capabilities.

With this logic, as long as you can make out the characters and the evironment, everythings great because it's an Earthbound game. Sure, it's "cool" to be an Earthbound fan and all that groupie bullshit, but there are standards.

Yeah, anyone that likes Earthbound only likes it because it's cool to like the game. It has nothing to do with the awesome battle system, colorful environments, catchy music, unique art direction, hilarious dialogue, numerous b-movie style senerios, or the fact that it was just plain fun. Just ask any prep that you knew back in highschool. They'll tell you that you have to be an Earthbound fan in order to be part of their crowd.

I guess I'm just not one of those people who will take anything thrown at them to see an old series be revived.

So what, you see three screenshots and can already decide that the game didn't live up to your expectations? What exactly were you expecting? Did you get Mother 3 confused with Halo 3? For me, Itoi's reputation, as well as the enjoyment I got out of the first two games, is reason enough to expect the best. The game looks just as good (well actually, a little better) than Earthbound on SNES, which is still my favorite RPG of all time. And people that whine about the graphics are the reason why this game will never come out in the US.

Just remember gameplay and story matter over graphics, so aslong as it has an excellent story with memorable character / character events, a good battle engine, and maybe a bunch of neat rpg like minigames (Chrono Trigger Future Race for example, the rpg maker game "A Blurred Line" had endless cool minigame story events) then the game will still be fantastic.

I'll wait for akito's honest opinion after playing it before picking it up though.

So there was a Mother game before Earthbound?

The game we know as "Earthbound" for the SNES is actually Mother 2 for the Super Famicom. The original Mother was a game for the original Famicom. Ten bucks says they change the game to Earthbound 2 when they bring it out here.

Ten bucks says they change the game to Earthbound 2 when they bring it out here.

"...when they bring it here," you say? LOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: Like that's ever going to happen. Nintendo screwed us out of plenty of great games in the past like the Kururin games, various Fire Emblems, Sin & Punishment, Magical Vacation, and of course, Mother 1+2. They'll never give us Mother 3. I guarantee that.

"...when they bring it here," you say? LOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: Like that's ever going to happen. Nintendo screwed us out of plenty of great games in the past like the Kururin games, various Fire Emblems, Sin & Punishment, Magical Vacation, and of course, Mother 1+2. They'll never give us Mother 3. I guarantee that.

It's certainly no one's fault that no one actually bought Earthbound when they did bring it here. No one but Nintendo's, anyway. They screwed everyone over by telling people not to buy their game.

I mean, what the hell is their problem? As a business, they should be doing whatever possible to lose money so the 30,000 people (the number of people involved in the Starmen.net petition internationally) can buy their game, which they almost certainly won't do brand new, instead opting to buy the game used so they can't get any money off it.

God...goddamn them for their odd philosophies of releasing games people will buy.