Accelerated Evolution

Happy Decapitation Day, AE!

Juxtapose

:D Yes. A topic for the cynics and more historical based people. :O We celebrate the fact that St. Valentine married lovers in secret....and then was beheaded on this very day. <3 Also the fact that in ancient Roman history, today was the day when there was a celebration in honor of Juno. :O Sorry folks, the Feast of Lupercalia doesn't start until tomorrow.

So I shall give you all a cyber-wooden carved spoons. <3 This is to show my love of you~ :D

Today is important in many ways. James Cook was killed today, the event that inspired the song Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! was held today, Oregon became a state today, Arizona became a state today, and best of all the fire-bombing of Dresden began today and inspired my favorite book ever.

And birthday wishes to Teller, Jim Kelly, and Jimmy Hoffa.

February 14: Valentine's Day

Elisha Gray

* 1804 - Karađorđe became the leader of the First Serbian Uprising.

* 1876 - Elisha Gray (pictured) and Alexander Graham Bell each filed a patent for the telephone.

* 1879 - Chilean forces occupied the Bolivian port of Antofagasta, instigating the War of the Pacific.

* 1989 - A fatwa was issued for the execution of Salman Rushdie, the author of The Satanic Verses, a novel considered "blasphemous against Islam".

* 1989 - The first satellite in the satellite constellation of the Global Positioning System was placed into orbit.

February 14: Valentine's Day

Elisha Gray

* 1804 - Karađorđe became the leader of the First Serbian Uprising.

* 1876 - Elisha Gray (pictured) and Alexander Graham Bell each filed a patent for the telephone.

* 1879 - Chilean forces occupied the Bolivian port of Antofagasta, instigating the War of the Pacific.

* 1989 - A fatwa was issued for the execution of Salman Rushdie, the author of The Satanic Verses, a novel considered "blasphemous against Islam".

* 1989 - The first satellite in the satellite constellation of the Global Positioning System was placed into orbit.

Firstly, Salman Rushdie is the man.

Secondly, from now on I will always refer to Valentine's Day as GPS Day.