Accelerated Evolution

sup i have a huge head

pretty damn cool, but.... is it behind glass or something? why's it so shiny?

If his school is like mine it is behind this plexiglass cover so that ass holes don't give him a goatee.

As for the charcoal itself, that is really cool. I really need to get back into art, it's a shame my art teacher in all of elementary and middle school lowered all my confidence. I'd prefer private lessons to be honest.

If his school is like mine it is behind this plexiglass cover so that ass holes don't give him a goatee.

As for the charcoal itself, that is really cool. I really need to get back into art, it's a shame my art teacher in all of elementary and middle school lowered all my confidence. I'd prefer private lessons to be honest.

you know, i only took one art class in high school and didn't take any real (re: good) ones in college until my second year. all the time previously i just spent honing my drawring skills any way possible, like drawing from photographs and sketching stuff nearby. once i found a teacher who REALLY helped focus the skills i'd been developing, everything started to come together. right now, i can't say i have any complaints

i guess what i'm trying to get at is-- well, two main things:

1.) it's been said that it takes five years to learn to paint and a lifetime to learn how to draw, which leads me to...

2.) there's no excuse for not drawring all the time

the greatest artists (conceptualists not included in this rant) through history have been the ones who took the time to learn their craft. A LOT of time. most people know that picasso was a painting prodigy by like the age of 12, but he became the artist he's known as by painting from 8 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon every day of his career before opening the doors of his studio to friends and peers

bottom line: if you want to be an artist, make art.

sorry for commandeering your thread makil, but it's important info :buki:

• 1 month later...