Accelerated Evolution

Iron-Spidey

What is Marvel doing to our beloved wall-crawler?!

friendly8.jpg

After the events of the Spider-Man: The Other story arc, Tony Stark will give Spider-Man a new costume full of high tech gadgets to help Peter with his newly enhanced powers.

Joe Quesada, in his infinite wisdom, created this costume as a "gift" from Iron Man to Spider-Man. Personally if I were Spider-Man I would have simply asked for a gift card instead.

every time i check in on marvel comics at large, they're fucked. house of M was fun, but i haven't had a chance to check out much of the aftermath (so to speak). here's to hoping x-factor doesn't suck

Well the aftermath has been interesting and apparently Marvel's upcoming Civil War is a direct result of the complications that arose after the House of M.

huh, forgot to comment on this new spidey:

looks too mid-late nineties. weren't there a bunch of fake spider-men around the time of the spider slayers or clone saga arcs? because that's what this reminds me of

I too was thinking, "So... Ben Reilly is back?" But then I thought, "Ah, so Tony Stark just took The Tarantula, a villain that was like Spider-Man, only he was stronger and went insane, and stole his costume design. Only now it is easier for people to see him."

I'm bothered by the reasoning Quesada gave for giving it Iron Man's color scheme. He said he imagined a conversation between the two, like this:

Spider-Man: "Wow, great costume, but... red and blue are usually my colors.

Iron Man: "My design, my colors."

So why wasn't the armor he developed for Captain America (during the period when Captain America's super soldier serum-based powers were fading away) gold and red? Or what about War Machine?

I've found some new information on the capabilities of this suit.

Recently, it has been revealed by Marvel Comics that, after the events of The Other, Iron Man is giving Spidey a new costume with a red and gold color scheme. The suit is confirmed to have a variety of, as yet largely undisclosed, extras as well. The main features seeming to be 3 pinchers(arms)located on his back. Other features include, but are not limited to: mesh webbing that will allow for gliding for short distances, heat resistant Kevlar micro-fiber that can withstand small-caliber bullets, built in fire, police, and emergency scanner, audio and visual amplification including infrared and ultra-violet, carbon filters in the mouth area to keep out toxins, and a short range GPS microwave communication system. All of these are routed through a computerized control system in the titanium chestpiece.

He's Batman now.

I think they should have just made this outfit look like the film version of Spidey's original costume. With the enlarged spider insignia, raised webbing, and lenses for eyes.

The prottype costume for the film was awesome. I can't for the life of me figure out why they went with the bland one they did in the movies.

And besides, why complain? We could have another clone saga instead.

The prottype costume for the film was awesome. I can't for the life of me figure out why they went with the bland one they did in the movies.

And besides, why complain? We could have another clone saga instead.

This one?

sm_Body1LG.jpgspiderbodybwLG.jpg

It is pretty cool. Check out Ross' concept for the film version of the Green Goblin...

goblinbodyLG.jpg

NO. The costume from House Of M is a lot better.

Yeah, that one was pretty cool. A combination of the original and the black costume.

Spider-ManM.jpg