Accelerated Evolution

The Metal Thread I

Kreutz

Not really that profound. You just have to look for it. Cultures all around the world gain spiritual insight and journey to other worlds through chanting and fervent tribal music. This is really no different, except when I do it I'm usually already high on some serious shit.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying... you don't see that alot from "Western" peeps.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nyuk nyuk

A lot of terms have been used to describe Burning Witch's highly untraditional sound. Among these are "suicide doom", "transdimensional drone doom", "true blackened doom", and "molasses sludge". Stephen O'Malley has said these descriptions are "ridiculous", insisting Burning Witch is just slow and heavy doom with unique vocals
*slaps O)))'Malley high five*

i was trying to think of some trad. DOOM bands with female vokillists earlier and only came up with Left Hand Solution, who barely qualify. but Scott Jeffreys from Confessor totally sounded like a girl so i guess they count

so i consulted DOOM-metal.com and rediscovered Circle of Nero. no more women, pretty badass though http://www.circleofnero.com/MP3_Folder/04_..._of_Silence.mp3

A BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor by the name of George Byron-Roberts has submitted the following report:

"TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy interrupted the band's set [as the support act for IRON MAIDEN] at Earl's Court, London last night [Friday, Dec. 22] to chide members of the audience after being subjected to a barrage of urine-filled balloons and bottles. Heafy and bassist Paolo Gregoletto were showered with urine during their performance of 'Like Light to the Flies'. Heafy angrily declared that the act was 'really wrong' and that if he saw anyone throwing things at the band he would see that they were 'thrown the fuck out" and 'beaten the fuck up.'

"The left hand side of the stage had been rowdy with fervent disapproval for TRIVIUM and their frontman from the beginning of their set, the band being lambasted with cries of 'death to false metal' between each of their songs; and throughout the set there was a constant exchange of rude gestures between Heafy and the antagonists. An attempt to block the missiles with a U.S. flag was shouted down by British fans, who angrily turned on the American fans, a group of young men and women who had travelled all the way from the USA to see TRIVIUM perform.

"Heafy's polemic (after battling through the rest of the song) lasted almost five minutes. However IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson was unusually quiet about the event, preferring to focus his rant on the safety of fans at the front of the crowd and the horrors of war."

A two-minute video clip of TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy having an audience member ejected from their December 12, 2006 show at the Birmingham NEC for allegedly throwing bottles at the band can be found at YouTube.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=64263

XD

Just goes to show there are still heroes in this world... and I'm talking about the rowdy fans. Fuck Trivium.

Then again, it wasn't a Trivium show, it belonged to Iron Maiden.

^ tr00. Especially Burb.

A guy on another forum I go to went to that show and made a thread about it. Apparently one of Maiden's amps exploded in flames half way during their set so they didn't have sound for 30 minutes and Bruce got a spotlight and a bullhorn and managed to get the entire crowd to singing happy birthday to one of the band members in unison. They also apparently played football on stage.

^ tr00. Especially Burb.

A guy on another forum I go to went to that show and made a thread about it. Apparently one of Maiden's amps exploded in flames half way during their set so they didn't have sound for 30 minutes and Bruce got a spotlight and a bullhorn and managed to get the entire crowd to singing happy birthday to one of the band members in unison. They also apparently played football on stage.

NICE!

I assume Steve Harris, as a former professional footballer, won?

He didn't say. I totally wish I could have been there though.

Ah well... I'm seriously considering catching Abigail Williams, Enslaved, and Dark Funeral in January. :hardgay: I wonder if Abigail will play any songs that will be on their new album, that'd be rad.

I want to take my friend Laura who thinks my music is silly so that I both have someone to go with and so that I can expose her to something new. She has weird music tastes... the only things I know for sure that she likes are The Arcade Fire, Panic! At the Disco, Beethoven and Sonatra. :blink: