Accelerated Evolution

The Metal Thread I

Kreutz

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've gotta be fuckin insane to call the wank in bands like Atheist or Sleep Terror, especially Sleep Terror, better than Dream Theater. Especially considering the musical/theoretical genius behind everything going on. And I hate to bring this Dream Theater battle up again, but these aren't some pretentious assholes who are jerking off because a bunch of people online think they're cool. They play what they want, however many notes that is and however fast they want because it's what they feel is right and necessary.

DF on the other hand..... :hardgay:

Um....I'm pretty sure Sleep Terror doesn't have a drummer. Or anyone else besides a guitar player.

Sleep Terror is a guitarist and a drummer. he's probably just a session/live drummer though. you can watch videos of them being the dorkiest looking dudes in the world on their myspace---> clickeroni

the drummer just plays typical DM patterns (he cycles through 3 or 4 "techniques" or whatever throughout Probing tranquillity ) so nobody talks about him. i think Luke would be better off with someone like Sean Reinert or that guy from Prototype

Sleep Terror is a guitarist and a drummer. he's probably just a session/live drummer though. you can watch videos of them being the dorkiest looking dudes in the world on their myspace---> clickeroni

the drummer just plays typical DM patterns (he cycles through 3 or 4 "techniques" or whatever throughout Probing tranquillity ) so nobody talks about him. i think Luke would be better off with someone like Sean Reinert or that guy from Prototype

He's just a live drummer. The drums on the albums are just samples that are programmed in ACID.

that would explain why they're so goddamn monotonous

Yeah, that's why I don't listen much. The drums are programmed and triggered. (Triggered = when you hit a drum it "triggers" an electronic drum sound meaning that all notes are exactly the same volume/length/dynamic level etc.) And the dude's guitar tone sucks balls.

not even close dawg. Martyr, TiP, Cynic... not a carbohydrate in sight

**actually, Cynic noodled a bit

hopefully this will be the last metal shirt/sweatshirt/whatever i have to make for a while

DSCN1891.jpg

Did you do that with spray or did you do it with fabric paint, also what did you use for your stencils, i've been using flattened cardboard, and its not to great for working with fabric, but fantastic for brick walls.