Accelerated Evolution

The Metal Thread I

Kreutz

Did you do that with spray or did you do it with fabric paint, also what did you use for your stencils, i've been using flattened cardboard, and its not to great for working with fabric, but fantastic for brick walls.

i went super caveman on this one and just painted a slab of black acrylic so i could transfer the logo on there with carbon paper, then painted the letters on with oils :laugh:

it's not the most productive way of doing it, but it's the only way i can get stuff to look exactly like i want. and having a super thick coat of paint on my sweatshirt feels like i'm wearing armor

**and hay John: if i post clips from songs and axe technical questions are you up to answering them? seems like you've got a decent grip on the whole "playing" music thing

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**and hay John: if i post clips from songs and axe technical questions are you up to answering them? seems like you've got a decent grip on the whole "playing" music thing

I'm down. And if I can't answer them, I've got connections so I'll eventually get the answer to you.

Pretty much... fast, fun, and energetic. However, I think I'm gonna work on my noise doom concept stuff first, because I'm just looking forward to showing off the finished product for that. It's an epic already and I haven't written a single note.

How can something be thrashy with tribal drums? But tribal drums is a damn good idea. And screw doom.

Come on Tim, I've been waiting for these muzak questions all day. :tongue:

So...recently I really haven't gotten into anything new. It's weird, I just find it hard to experiment now. I used to be hungry for all this new metal and now that I'm reaching like 3000 songs on my iPod, the majority of them being metal, it's become less of a thing for me. Anything killer that I need to get my hands on?

Come on Tim, I've been waiting for these muzak questions all day. :tongue:

So...recently I really haven't gotten into anything new. It's weird, I just find it hard to experiment now. I used to be hungry for all this new metal and now that I'm reaching like 3000 songs on my iPod, the majority of them being metal, it's become less of a thing for me. Anything killer that I need to get my hands on?

i was trying to think last night of all the questions that have been bugging me the last few years :crube: . stuff like tremelo picking and spiralling drums and all the vocal definitions (vibrato? falseto? say what?). i've looked the stuff up online before but never get good answers -_-. and there was this one guitar solo i heard two days ago that i had questions about, but i'll get to that after i upload the song

and what kind of muzack are you looking for?

Well for one, there's definitely some classic stuff I'm missing. I really need some Death so I can finally hear the almighty Chuck. So some classic/essentials would be good. Just list some and I'll see what I don't have. In terms of newer stuff...anything in the power or prog or folk....anything except like Doom or Black.

As for your questions, I'll get to them soon. I want to either provide video or audio to go along with my answers so that you can hear what I'm talking about. Definitely hook me up with that song you have a question about.

If John hasn't done so yet, I suggest he listen to Vanden Plas. I think he'd really dig Christ.0, especially if he's a concept album guy.

Dawg, I was hypin that album up like it was the shit since before you were even listening to metal. Either before or right after...seriously.

Well for one, there's definitely some classic stuff I'm missing. I really need some Death so I can finally hear the almighty Chuck. So some classic/essentials would be good. Just list some and I'll see what I don't have. In terms of newer stuff...anything in the power or prog or folk....anything except like Doom or Black.

As for your questions, I'll get to them soon. I want to either provide video or audio to go along with my answers so that you can hear what I'm talking about. Definitely hook me up with that song you have a question about.

Get some Necrophobic, Unleashed, The Chasm and early Tiamat. D:

that's exactly what i need. the problem with reading the definition of audible stuff is that you have to imagine what they're talking about. it's like describing a painting instead of showing it to someone

and what's with the DOOM hate? it's the most majestic of genres

and what's with the DOOM hate? it's the most majestic of genres

I know, I know. I desperately want to get into it but I just can't. I mean it just doesn't grab me. Maybe that's because all I've tried to listen to is Mourning Beloveth...I don't know. If you've got some really awesome shit you think I must hear, go ahead and let me know about it.

And as a disclaimer...if you guys recommend something, please include the genre just so I know what I'm getting in to.

i went super caveman on this one and just painted a slab of black acrylic so i could transfer the logo on there with carbon paper, then painted the letters on with oils :laugh:

it's not the most productive way of doing it, but it's the only way i can get stuff to look exactly like i want. and having a super thick coat of paint on my sweatshirt feels like i'm wearing armor

I usually spray down a heavy clear coat of spray before i do mine. The oil idea is pretty interesting, maybe i'll try that.

Black Metal's not so bad. I don't really know much about, but I have some. And what I've discovered is this: It's like heavier death metal, except crazier vocal and intensity-wise. It can be pretty technical too. You even get a choice of lyrical content: Yay Satan! or Yay Paganism!

P.S. That's probably really inacurate.

^ yo dawg, if you know where to find Solinari, Symbolic, or seven churches it will save me the time uploading them :wub:

Black Metal's not so bad. I don't really know much about, but I have some. And what I've discovered is this: It's like heavier death metal, except crazier vocal and intensity-wise. It can be pretty technical too. You even get a choice of lyrical content: Yay Satan! or Yay Paganism!

P.S. That's probably really inacurate.

except the satan/paganism part, you pretty much described the opposite of death metal. but i'm not playing the genre game, not today

i'll try and find some classic death and DOOM stuff. funny thing about DOOM is that when done correctly it's the best thing in the world, but when people botch it it sucks big time. that's why i rag super hard on cookie cutter DOOM bands like Swallow the Sun. and why i stopped listening to "underground" DOOM altogether a while back

^ yo dawg, if you know where to find Solinari, Symbolic, or seven churches it will save me the time uploading them :wub:

except the satan/paganism part, you pretty much described the opposite of death metal. but i'm not playing the genre game, not today

i'll try and find some classic death and DOOM stuff. funny thing about DOOM is that when done correctly it's the best thing in the world, but when people botch it it sucks big time. that's why i rag super hard on cookie cutter DOOM bands like Swallow the Sun. and why i stopped listening to "underground" DOOM altogether a while back

i'll search around