Accelerated Evolution

The Metal Thread I

Kreutz

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

debate? like when someone says Gothenburg isn't melodic death metal and the rest of the world tells them it is?

I think one of my posts was deleted (HRM...) but you're wrong if you think the rest of the world disagrees, and it isn't and Kalmah's musical base is Power Metal and you are a lot more intelligent than you're acting right now and it's really disappointing.

But when so many people that have been listening to metal faaaar longer than you, are trying to explain something to you, why is it that you can't seem to grasp it and take it as the truth? Who's on a high horse here? You seem to think that you know all the answers because you fell in love with Isahn and have been listening to metal for a few months.

Do you find it surprising that this is insanely annoying and that some people actually want you banned for it? Because frankly.. I don't

Maybe by today's standards. In his prime he was HHH to Flair's HBK. Or, nowadays, HBK to Flair's HHH.

Regaurdless of anything, Ric Flair, is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be (screw Bret! :laugh: ). It's just incredible the matches he could do and the bumps he could take in his fifties. Did you see the TLC match him and Edge had over the summer? HOLY CRAP. It's sad that he has to put over Kenny, cause he deserves another run before retirement. Although, he got at least 3 years left in him.

In the metal thread, and long rant, but I don't care :laugh:

Regaurdless of anything, Ric Flair, is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be (screw Bret! :laugh: ). It's just incredible the matches he could do and the bumps he could take in his fifties. Did you see the TLC match him and Edge had over the summer? HOLY CRAP. It's sad that he has to put over Kenny, cause he deserves another run before retirement. Although, he got at least 3 years left in him.

In the metal thread, and long rant, but I don't care :laugh:

Kenny Dykstra lol. Why did he base his name off a baseball player?

I think one of my posts was deleted (HRM...) but you're wrong if you think the rest of the world disagrees, and it isn't and Kalmah's musical base is Power Metal and you are a lot more intelligent than you're acting right now and it's really disappointing.

You take what the reviewers on metal archives say too much to heart. Kalmah's profile on there says they're power metal with harsh vocals but that's just some other jack off forgetting this is just the finnish interpretation of swedish melodic death metal. You could listen to them or you could listen to us. It doesn't matter. I just want you to think about it for yourself for a while.

Faulty I wrote a rather long winded post trying to explain what every single member here has been trying to get into what I can only describe as a tone death twatheaded brain, but I deleted it as I thought it was too harsh and that this crap was finally over and you realised to just drop it. Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to rewrite it.

Listen nearly every single member here has been listening to metal and pre-metal genre's since fucking birth we have watched and heard metal develop. Hell thanks to my mother I grew up listening to Sabbath, zep, Floyd and from there I progressed. Look at the age of most of the members and ask them how long they have been listening and truly love practically every genre of metal and then take a look at what your doing. I don’t know how I can say this without sounding like one myself but you're being a fucking pretentious prick.

Every member here has giving you grade examples proving a fucking KNOWN FACT and then you proceed to throw it back in their face and say oh I'm right, you're wrong, you don't know shit when clearly WE ALL FUCKING DO! Yet you continue to insult us all and something we all care for. And all you can do to back up your argument is either say my friend said this (most likely from gaia, the place of 12 year old wankers and a place more hypocritical, uptight and retarded then AN which is saying a fucking lot), or you try to throw in a description/observation which you have "apparently" made and yet do you ever bother to take a look at your description, do you not kind of notice you're saying it's power metal if you change this, this, this, oh and this but it's still power metal. Jesus I think we all certainly know that Dark Funeral and top of the range power metal if you change the drums, tone up the guitars, change the solos, and detach the vocalists balls. Fuck yeah they are \m/!

I didn’t really want to get involved in this but it is immature kids like you who think you know every fucking thing there is because you can use wikipedia or some shit why genre discussions get banned. You obviously can't handle stone proof fucking fact, I don't give a fuck about someone who says it's opinion of what a genre is, no it is definitive by sound, technique and the whole band and music itself yet you have ignored countless number of information, history, and facts we have given you. So stop telling people to get off their high horse and get off your fucking own and try listening although I seriously question your hearing if you think In Flames or Norther are power metal. Look so why don't you take our advice, look into the history of music and facts we have given and proven with consistency rather then giving out illogical reasoning and hybrid intellectual thoughts and then come back and speak. I can’t believe you carried this one and continue to egg on people who have helped you get into metal, provided you with countless albums and information and yet pretty much tell us all to fuck off with some retarded ass opinion and not even bothering to take on what someone else is saying.

I remember when I got into an argument with Wind about Sabbath being Doom metal, we at least had the courtesy to respect each others logical points and each of us changed our opinion slightly and I even admitted I was more in the wrong with my beliefs.

So why don't you try and stop being an immature little shit.

I apologise for this long-winded, somewhat repetitive post. But I'm not going to stand by and watch this argument keep getting egged on and have someone stand here insult one of my fav genres of music.

Last and final note I mainly had a go at Faulty through this and in my eyes I saw him as the worse not only for ignorance but with constant insults with his "debate" replies, but many of you have consistently egged him on into getting him into an argument, granted he may be wrong, and we may think he is stupid yet it is still wrong to continue it. Granted here at AE we're not as uptight as most places and allow long winded and somewhat twatish arguments and insults but still those of you that did continue to make fun and try and continue the argument are just as bad. Those that simply retorted and replied to the argument I have no problem with at all.

Just a bit more civility please. Jesus I never thought ME of all people would be saying that. Immature prick that I am.

Once again I'm sorry for mainly highlighting Faulty as there are others in the wrong and there was alot of ignorance on both sides but liek I said I believe Faulty you were being far more ignorant then most of the people who simply replied without insult to a "debate".

I begun my metal listenings in fourth grade with Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth :crube:

Not much to contribute to Windrider's post, only because I don't want to get into unnecessary arguements :crube:

Kenny Dykstra lol. Why did he base his name off a baseball player?

Who knows with WWE these days. Hail the mighty TNA, and the great ROH.

I did. I used to think it was bullshit but I examined the music and had to agree.

Except you're wrong and they're wrong. Melody + keyboards + speed does not equal power metal. I don't care what some jack ass on MA says. That's just not the truth AND OBVIOUSLY SO! What about the guitar tuning, the composition, or even the vocals? Everything besides the melody says it's black/death metal. SO IT MUST BE MELODIC DEATH METAL!

Except you're wrong and they're wrong. Melody + keyboards + speed does not equal power metal. I don't care what some jack ass on MA says. That's just not the truth AND OBVIOUSLY SO! What about the guitar tuning, the composition, or even the vocals? Everything besides the melody says it's black/death metal. SO IT MUST BE MELODIC DEATH METAL!

What do you mean by black/death in that situation? Kalmah are black/death or blackened?

And I read your long post SC. I disagree on some points but it was really level headed and I appreciate it.

Hahahahahaha!

Aside from the oft use of grim vocals, the keyboard sound is incredibly black and the raw drum blasts are something you'd find on old Mayhem albums.

I don't even know how to address that. That's not a shred of blackness in anything Kalmah has done.

Sacred Reich - THE AMERICAN WAY

DNNDNDDN

Album?