Accelerated Evolution

The Metal Thread I

Kreutz

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed like 3 concerts last week. i don't really mind though, since i was having a three way with stranger's mom and nick from tuesday until saturday

Hah! well she said you didn't perform as well as you alwasy do SO WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, BITCH?!

so i see that the new falkenbach album dropped recently and i think "hey, maybe i should look up some reviews" and lo and behold! RAVE REVIEWS ACROSS THE BOARD

i rub my eyes in disbelief. i mean, it's almost like people like this band. not just like, they LOVE this band. this quirky band who plays -- what? yeah, yeah. word-- *cough*. . . who plays "folk" music mixed with some odd form of "heavy metals"

i say to myself "you know, i could go for some foo fighters right about now" and reach for my CD shelf and see this case with almost illegible writing on the side. not knowing quite what to think of this i put it into my computer and the player says "falkenbach: ...when gjallarhorn will sound" and i say what the fuck. what the FUCK

so i see that the new falkenbach album dropped recently and i think "hey, maybe i should look up some reviews" and lo and behold! RAVE REVIEWS ACROSS THE BOARD

i rub my eyes in disbelief. i mean, it's almost like people like this band. not just like, they LOVE this band. this quirky band who plays -- what? yeah, yeah. word-- *cough*. . . who plays "folk" music mixed with some odd form of "heavy metals"

i say to myself "you know, i could go for some foo fighters right about now" and reach for my CD shelf and see this case with almost illegible writing on the side. not knowing quite what to think of this i put it into my computer and the player says "falkenbach: ...when gjallarhorn will sound" and i say what the fuck. what the FUCK

Where can I pick this up? Or at least give it a listen too. I've got "Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty" and "Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri" So the new album would be a nice addition.

Hmm.. While Tuatha de Dannan is a good band ... I think there are far better folk metal bands out there

I'm listening to them because they're a new acquisition. I don't see myself listening to them long into the future and going back time and time again like I do with the better Folk bands.

Vehemence

Wintersun

Deicide

Slayer

All bands I've recently downloaded.

Haven't listened to any of it though.

Just trying to broaden my musical tastes.

Tell me if any of it sucks...

For some reason I really think you'd like Dream Theater, cuz its heavy but has amazing writing and melody and soft moments.

(my fave band)

anywho, right now I'm listening to Iced Earth's Horror Show.

It's called a preference, I'm not going to remove something just cause you say.

It's not like I actually like the music a whole lot, Deicide is just funny, inside joke between me and my friends.

Also, Wind sent me Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt.2 Scenes From A Memory.

Probably my favorite album I've ever received over the net. Very unique guitars.

I'll probably be asking him for some more...