Accelerated Evolution

The Metal Thread I

Kreutz

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since my brother's band finally played a show on Friday, I guess I'd go ahead and post links to their Myspace (as their site is still under construction).

http://www.myspace.com/andothersmetal

Click on the videos link next to the pics link. Oh and FYI, their vocalist, Malicya, is from Norway and has a scream that I'm pretty sure is demonic.

Hot DAMN! I didn't expect them to sound like that at all! Pretty freaking good

Yea, they are really talented. Especially their drummer. He is so musically gifted. He's atually the best guitarist in the band. They managed to get a reputation around town without playing a show or releasing anything yet. They even have shows booked in CA already, one being at the House of Blues.

don't look now kids, but Kamelot's coming to town soon (with Epica)!

Sep. 15 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (USA) - Culture Room - (only Kamelot)

Sep. 16 - St. Petersburg, FL (USA) - State Theatre - (only Kamelot)

Sep. 19 - Springfield, VA (USA) - Jaxx Nightclub

Sep. 20 - New York, NY (USA) - B.B King

Sep. 22 - Poughkeepsie, NY (USA) - The Chance Theater

Sep. 23 - Rochester, NY (USA) - The Penny Arcade

Sep. 24 - Montréal, QC (CA) - Le Medley

Sep. 25 - Québec, QC (CA) - L'Imperial

Sep. 27 - Toronto, ON (CA) - The Opera House

Sep. 28 - Cleveland, OH (USA) - Agora Ballroom

Sep. 29 - Detroit, MI (USA) - Harpo's

Sep. 30 - Chicago, IL (USA) - The Pearl Room

Oct. 02 - Columbia Heights, MN (USA) - Star Central

Oct. 04 - Denver, CO (USA) - BlueBird Theater

Oct. 06 - Seattle, WA (USA) - Studio Seven

Oct. 07 - Portland, OR (USA) - Rock N Roll Pizza

Oct. 08 - San Francisco, CA (USA) - Pound SF

Oct. 10 - Santa Ana, CA (USA) - Galaxy Theatre

Oct. 11 - Los Angeles, CA (USA) - Key Club

Looking over that list, I live near both Toronto and Rochester. I could see Kamelot twice in four days! :crube:

I was just talking to my friend John while listening to some Kamelot and he asked me what I was listening to. When I answered he said that Kamelot was crap and eventually also told me Iron Maiden is crap. I want opinions. D:< From what I've heard both Kamelot and Iron Maiden sound fucking awesome and I don't know what would make them shitty pop. Grawr. That pissed me off.

I'm still listening to Kamelot and their pwnage has not redued any. -_-

I was just talking to my friend John while listening to some Kamelot and he asked me what I was listening to. When I answered he said that Kamelot was crap and eventually also told me Iron Maiden is crap. I want opinions. D:< From what I've heard both Kamelot and Iron Maiden sound fucking awesome and I don't know what would make them shitty pop. Grawr. That pissed me off.

I'm still listening to Kamelot and their pwnage has not redued any. -_-

What does your friend listen to?

Perhaps if I kicked his ass.

Seriously. He listens to Bob Dylan and old folk and jazz music and I think maybe indie stuff. He has no qualms with metal but he said Iron Maiden and Kamelot suck and he badmouthed power metal as a whole. Power metal is the shit, Kamelot sounds amazing, and Iron Maiden's lyrics can be really damn powerful.

I have no idea what the fuck he's going on about. :\

He said Iron Maiden was like "pop" metal and did nothing interesting.

I got really ticked off so I had to post here. I think the metal is getting into my blood. : )

Seriously. He listens to Bob Dylan and old folk and jazz music and I think maybe indie stuff. He has no qualms with metal but he said Iron Maiden and Kamelot suck and he badmouthed power metal as a whole. Power metal is the shit, Kamelot sounds amazing, and Iron Maiden's lyrics can be really damn powerful.

I got really ticked off so I had to post here. I think the metal is getting into my blood. : )

He is now number one on my "To Kill" list.

hey faulty.... your friend is a retard. don't get worked up over stupid shit he tells you, just dig what you dig. if you fucking love listening to Deicide and i tell you they suck the big one, who cares? metal and life aren't about bending your preferences to suit some dickhead

It's obvious your friend is an ignorant pseudo-intellectual scenester.

hey faulty.... your friend is a retard. don't get worked up over stupid shit he tells you, just dig what you dig. if you fucking love listening to Deicide and i tell you they suck the big one, who cares? metal and life aren't about bending your preferences to suit some dickhead

Listen to the man.

TCZ, you are like an infinite well of knowledge. I don't ever think I've heard you say something dumb.

I myself believe bands like Iron Maiden are dated, but that's neither here nor there...

Anyways, I made a startling discovery this afternoon during my commute: Synchestra sounds at least twice as good, if not better, if you simply omit everything from Let It Roll up through and including Vampira. If you do that, it kinda sounds like Terria or Physicist, though not nearly as epic. I also discovered 10,000 Days is a lot better without The Pot and Rosetta Stoned. Take those out, and it actually sounds like the next Tool album. Leave them in, and it sounds like new Tool covering old Tool.

So, given these discoveries, I'm going back through some of the albums I never cared for in order to see if selective playlisting fixes them.

there's a dude here named "chrono of the black howling" who knows more about Gothic Metal than anyone should ever know about anything

and he's one of the raddest dudes on the planet

Listen to the man.

TCZ, you are like an infinite well of knowledge. I don't ever think I've heard you say something dumb.

you must not have read anything i post on friday nights :laugh:

He knows a lot about beat poetry in all seriousness. But I got the scenester vibe when he said I should listen to underground stuff instead of Iron Maiden.

He really is a dickhead though. His friends will admit it. :tongue:

He must think that just because Hot Topic sells Iron Maiden shirts on the sole basis that they were on Ozzfest last year that they are mainstream. I really should kick his fucking ass. Iron Maiden's more underground that Bob Dylan but they're both still good. Tell him that shit and to watch his fucking mouth around metalheads, because he will get an ass beating.

I myself believe bands like Iron Maiden are dated, but that's neither here nor there...

Anyways, I made a startling discovery this afternoon during my commute: Synchestra sounds at least twice as good, if not better, if you simply omit everything from Let It Roll up through and including Vampira. If you do that, it kinda sounds like Terria or Physicist, though not nearly as epic. I also discovered 10,000 Days is a lot better without The Pot and Rosetta Stoned. Take those out, and it actually sounds like the next Tool album. Leave them in, and it sounds like new Tool covering old Tool.

So, given these discoveries, I'm going back through some of the albums I never cared for in order to see if selective playlisting fixes them.

But I love the classic Devin silliness of "Vampira". Synchestra may not be as smart as Terria or Physicist but it's still full on Devin Townsend.

there's a dude here named "chrono of the black howling" who knows more about Gothic Metal than anyone should ever know about anything

He's so amazing that his recommendations are overwhelming and you don't know where to start with downloading or buying Gothic Metal.

He must think that just because Hot Topic sells Iron Maiden shirts on the sole basis that they were on Ozzfest last year that they are mainstream. I really should kick his fucking ass. Iron Maiden's more underground that Bob Dylan but they're both still good. Tell him that shit and to watch his fucking mouth around metalheads, because he will get an ass beating.

I doubt he knows anything about metal.

If you need something on beat you can ask him, but judging on our conversation he's a dickhead when it comes to metal.