Accelerated Evolution

American dictatorship?

It could just be my imagination, but in the last couple of months it has seemed to me that the executive branch is starting to act much more independently than it seems like it should. Like this whole thing about an Arab company controlling the ports, I personally do not see it as a big problem, but the white house did so without as much as informing congress. The president has been classifying a large mass of documents and information. Not to mention the whole wire-taping thing. But I have to say that the most troubling thing that I have read was in a news week article, it said that the president would be legally justified in ordering the killing of a terror suspect on US soil.

Your thoughts…

Checks and balances are still there for the executive branch. The executive branch has always acted this independently, and gets away with it unless it causes uproar among the legislative in which instance people whine. It's the judicial branch that lacks the checks and balances.

Thankfully, we have the Second Amendment to prevent this....

Having a bunch of guns isn't going to do you any good unless you coordinate a national resistance.

In fact, I'd say having a national resistance with or without guns would be more important (a lot of guns would certainly help, though).

But, I will leave you with a quote from The Red Star Volume 1... "No war was ever fought that did not start another."

Having a bunch of guns isn't going to do you any good unless you coordinate a national resistance.

In fact, I'd say having a national resistance with or without guns would be more important (a lot of guns would certainly help, though).

But, I will leave you with a quote from The Red Star Volume 1... "No war was ever fought that did not start another."

1 uncoordinated chaos seems to be scaring the s*** out of us in iraq right now

Without, guns you have no real power to use in an emergency

1812? Civil war (american)? They may start wars, but not always ones that affect everybody.

Indeed the judiciary does have very few checks and balances, except what I like to call the "Andrew Jackson" check "He has made his decision, now let him enforce it"

As for the actual issue, it is acting fairly independently, but he can sell it to the people, so Congress isn't actually doing anything about it. Plus Abramoff is keeping Congress busy quite well. Note that before Abramoff, Congress was pissed off about surveilance without their aproval, and to some degree torture

with or without guns"

I understand what you mean, but that kinda leaves the impression that you're saying guns aren't important

it isn't uncoordinated chaos, but we're afraid that it might become that. Plus, it's not like they all get together and plan everything, its multiple seperate groups.

It could just be my imagination, but in the last couple of months it has seemed to me that the executive branch is starting to act much more independently than it seems like it should. Like this whole thing about an Arab company controlling the ports, I personally do not see it as a big problem, but the white house did so without as much as informing congress. The president has been classifying a large mass of documents and information. Not to mention the whole wire-taping thing. But I have to say that the most troubling thing that I have read was in a news week article, it said that the president would be legally justified in ordering the killing of a terror suspect on US soil.

Your thoughts…

In all fairness poophy, its surprising you care since your just going to be smoking pot in your basement all day wether we are a dictatorship or not.

• 4 weeks later...