Accelerated Evolution

Chrono Crusade

Crube

Yeah... that's kind of what it's like considering it takes place in New York in the 20's, and is about exorcists destroying demons, etc. Of course, Chrono's a demon, but in the ol' "our secret weapon is one of what we're fighting" plots (see Hellsing, etc.) he's with them.

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's been pretty good. And Rosette = Excel.

Well, Crube, I watched episode 2 of this anime and I must say that you've either overhyped it or it's just 'par for the course' to begin with. I found nothing appealing about it. The characters are either slightly annoying or completely irrelevant. I'm barraged with background characters, like they think I'm too dumb to know there's more than two people in 1920's america (england?). Then I notice the main character is a puny shrimp (I know it's because some seal or something but... it's retarded) and that he sounds like a freaking girl. I recalled all this though, only after I recoiled from the realization that this is just Hellsing with demons. I felt like I was being mocked, like they thought I wouldn't notice. Bastards...

But in your favor, I admit that this was only one episode and an early one at that. Maybe it gets better. Not that I'm going to continue watching it, because I'm not.

It looks ok, I dunno. I've never been much for fantasy anime.

It's not typical fantasy anime. It's... different. It's 1920's-ish mystery-comedy-horror-drama.

Well, Crube, I watched episode 2 of this anime and I must say that you've either overhyped it or it's just 'par for the course' to begin with. I found nothing appealing about it. The characters are either slightly annoying or completely irrelevant. I'm barraged with background characters, like they think I'm too dumb to know there's more than two people in 1920's america (england?). Then I notice the main character is a puny shrimp (I know it's because some seal or something but... it's retarded) and that he sounds like a freaking girl. I recalled all this though, only after I recoiled from the realization that this is just Hellsing with demons. I felt like I was being mocked, like they thought I wouldn't notice. Bastards...

But in your favor, I admit that this was only one episode and an early one at that. Maybe it gets better. Not that I'm going to continue watching it, because I'm not.

o_o You're strange, Set. I don't find CC to be anything like Hellsing. Plus, Akira Ishida being the voice of one of the the two main characters was one of the big plusses for me. ♥ Akira Ishida.

I watched the first two episodes last night and the only problems I saw were that they didn't seem like a good starting point to build a series on top of. They kind of jumped into the action with the new special bullets... I felt a bit rushed and they are going to have to make up for that to make it a solid series.

o_o You're strange, Set. I don't find CC to be anything like Hellsing. Plus, Akira Ishida being the voice of one of the the two main characters was one of the big plusses for me. ♥ Akira Ishida.

Not in attitude, no. Though the lightheartedness really irritated me, because they're fighting demons, not fluffy clouds of cotton candy! You think they could be more genuinely serious. But as far as the premise goes, it's Hellsing with demons. I don't know why anime series want to have their protagonists fight soem weird race of being just to have a member of that race be on the protagonist's side, so they can explore the possible 'badassness' of the race. Why don't you just make the race the protagonist or would that require... creativity in writing.

Because americans are too dumb to fill in the missing vowel.

The creator said he accidentally misspelled Chrono and it just went like that. But as far as the other fans go, they just want to act all "Japanu" about it and call it by its "original" title. And it is in New York City for the most part of it.

I thought it was originally called "Chrno Crusade" because the writer didn't want it to be confused with the 800 other things that have "Chrono" in the title. Makes me wonder why he didn't just pick a different name for the main character.

I see what Set means about Hellsing though. The "our secret weapon is one of what we're fighting, but on our side" thing is a pretty common theme these days.

Oh well, I still enjoy it when I watch it, which isn't often. I need to finish it one of these days.

I see what Set means about Hellsing though. The "our secret weapon is one of what we're fighting, but on our side" thing is a pretty common theme these days.

Oh well, I still enjoy it when I watch it, which isn't often. I need to finish it one of these days.

But it wasn't really a secret, Chrono is known for killing a thousand of his own kind!

• 2 weeks later...