Accelerated Evolution

Graphic Novels?

kingdom come is really good, but callling anything "the best" is pretty... whatever

watchmen is classic, so is dark knight returns

i'll always suggest the coffin, since the story is wonderful and the art is substantially better than 90% of the sequential art ever created

aaaaand sometime in the future i'll throw more titles down, since i'm swimming a little too much to think right now

Heh heh, as tcz pointed out once, it's amusing how when a comic gets taken seriously as a work of literature it magically becomes a "graphic novel".

which reminds me....

if you want to be depressed as hell for a few hours, you could always check out jimmy corrigan: the smartest kid on earth since it's apparently "the best thing to come out of the medium EVAR!!2"

and be sure to check out some WILL EISNER stuff at some time, notably life on another planet or a contract with god

if you want to be depressed as hell for a few hours, you could always check out jimmy corrigan: the smartest kid on earth since it's apparently "the best thing to come out of the medium EVAR!!2"
I remember picking that one up after seeing a picture of someone in a Superman outfit, expecting it to be funny. It was really depressing.

Joan was really good in my opinion, and you used to be ale to get the three books for $2 a piece. Good luck finding that one, though, now that the company when under.

If you're into DC comics, Crisis on Infinite Earths was good, and even if you're not a big fan, Identity Crisis was excellent.

Wait...

There's more Bone beyond that giant book?

I WANT!

No, which is why SD said, "Bone one volume edition," as in it is all contained within one book instead of several. As far as I know, aside from individual standard comic format, Bone has only been released as that giant collection, so it seems a bit pointless to add the "one volume edition" but in any case... No, only the one book.

No, which is why SD said, "Bone one volume edition," as in it is all contained within one book instead of several. As far as I know, aside from individual standard comic format, Bone has only been released as that giant collection, so it seems a bit pointless to add the "one volume edition" but in any case... No, only the one book.

Nope, I believe it has been released in a series of graphic novels. That's why it says "One Volume Edition" on the cover. :mellow: