Accelerated Evolution

The greatest article ever written

darkon

Goths love wearing black - whether it's black clothes or make-up because they like to look different from other people.

After a while I saw a few Goths in a group outside McDonalds I thought that they looked really cool.

After a while I decided to try and dress like it and soon I was dressed like it all the time. It was great to be able to express my feelings through the way I dressed.

It started when I was at my new middle school when I met this boy called Anton and we made friends.

After a few months we started to dress in baggy clothes - black of course - and started hanging around with people wearing black make-up.

Main Entry: iro┬Ěny

Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -nies

Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler

1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony

2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance

3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

4 a : Goth culture.

In light of these new merciful developments, I shall now be known as...Waylon Mercy. Bonus points if you get the reference.