margot

what film/tv ep did you last watch?

5377 posts in this topic

I last watched "The 400 Blows", which I didn't really like or dislike, (it's sort of a matter of seeing the story being done many times before: troubled teenage delinquent) except I loved the scenes of Antoine in jail and riding in the police car. And of course the end shot. I like that new wave films always end curtly and leave you with a "huh" type feeling.

Let's see... the one that I saw most recently that I hadn't seen before was "Memento". It was an excellent movie; I thought I'd perfected the ability to guess what was going to happen next but it proved me wrong. I also liked how everything moved in reverse in the opening scene.

Edited by Samurai Drifter

I last watched "11:14". I liked it a lot. It was pretty good for the director being brand new. I always enjoy multiple stories that intertwine within each other. Plus it's got Patrick Swayze.

I'm pretty sure the last movie I watched (or at least the last one I can remember watching) was Aliens. And, it's the best.

Ummm... Does Gilmore Girls count? No?

Hmmm...

March of the Penguins probably, and I loved it.

Last movie I saw was Walk The Line. It was pretty good, but it probably could have been a bit better.

The Last Movie I saw was Suicide Club; it isn't new but I just bought it on DVD; I wanted the unrated version.

Sion Sono is GAWD. Next to Takeshi Kitano; best foreign film directors EVAH!

I need to get more stuff from Sion Sono, this guys awesome. So long have I waited for a director to add SYMBOLIC references to a movie rather than following the typical anatomy of a movie. This movie is, in my opinion, the best movie I've seen this year.

I don't think many people would like this movie because without looking at its symbolism it's just a strange movie, just casually killing themselves. I just love this movie <3<3

The Professional. When I first saw it I just thought it reeked of awesomeness. Now I'm convinced that it's one of the best movies ever.

- Masked Man #2

Sin City. Never read the novels, but this movie rocked my socks. Elijah Wood makes an awesome villain.

"The Bride Wore Black"

1968 french new wave version of Kill Bill (it has almost the exact same premise) that was directed by Francois Truffaut.

It was awesome.

The Wedding Singer followed by Billy Elliot. Fucking Thatcher should die.

batman begins

sure it was rad, but not NEARLY as rad as everyone made it out to be. i'm pretty stoked that i didn't blow $10 seeing it in a theatre

Last movie in theaters was The Goblet of Fire. Last movie at all was Charlie's Angels Full Throttle.

I'm so sorry

It wasn't that great and I have seen worse movies.

Swordfish.

I had forgotten how fucking awesome that movie was.

Kill Bill 1 & 2.

Fucking awesome. That's all I can say. :crube:

Kingdom of Heaven.

I know, shut up. :( Wait..! No, it was Lord of War. Nicolas Cage is so hot. As was the guy who played his brother. <3

batman begins

sure it was rad, but not NEARLY as rad as everyone made it out to be. i'm pretty stoked that i didn't blow $10 seeing it in a theatre

I second this. :D I did not understand why everyone was building it up to be a fantastic movie. It was fun, he was hot (so was Cillian Murphy), but it was nowhere near as good as I thought it would be. Maybe people just led me to overestimate it. Thankfully, I only spent $1 watching it at the dollar theatre. ^_^

Is Corpse Bride worth a watch for $1?

Best in Show

so many reasons to love this movie

Horus, Prince of the Sun, a Japanese animation from the early '80's or late '70's. A good film with great, dated animation. Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata played large parts in the creation of the film, though niether were director.

Best in Show

so many reasons to love this movie

indeed, Christopher Guest movies kick ass. I can't wait for For Your Consideration to come out.

anyway, last film I watched was Collateral.