Accelerated Evolution

what film/tv ep did you last watch?

margot

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahaha. Sigged. Seriously, dude. I don't "act" superior, I thought the movie was a steaming pile of shit. I'm allowed to say that, and I am allowed to ask why someone liked it.

You aren't allowed to question why someone liked it in that manner, you seem not to expect an answer and you seem far too sure of your opinion on film. Which, honestly, is not of professional quality.

I am Legend was a decent film, perhaps you missed some of it's merit because you were too busy "laughing" though it, but it was there. The opening scene seemed tacked on but it picked up introducing a very visual experience with a passive style of story telling not seen often in mainstream media and unappreciative by the majority of movie-goers (you seem to fit into that category) even before the flash backs we can guess what happens by visual clues; and guess character development by visual clues. Which as the time magizine cover on the fridge, or the destroyed bridge. Will Smith does an excellent acting job, the best I've ever seen him do. He had the perfect feel of lonely and sad that fit his situation and he could go from logical, competent survivor to a man on the breaking point in seconds.

The third act really falls apart but Smiths acting doesn't, his reactions and interactions again show that he has been alone (the shrek scene was brilliant!) and how a person in shock at seeing the first human in two years would react.

The movie also shows some brilliant directing choices that make it feel like it takes place in the future. Gas price signs, movie posters, and other passive items in the background do wonders to set the scene nicely. The scene where Will Smith is alone in the dark searching for his dog shows Smith's acting ability and the directors competence by building suspense while now showing you a dark room (mostly)

That said the story suffers in the third act horribly, turning the movie from a great experience into a movie I wouldn't even buy. But, it was a worthwhile movie to see in theaters and I possible rental.

Ahahaha. Sigged. Seriously, dude. I don't "act" superior, I thought the movie was a steaming pile of shit. I'm allowed to say that, and I am allowed to ask why someone liked it.

1. you beat me to sigging it.

2. the reason i liked it is pretty much everything gps mentioned before, though i liked the third act -shrugs- It was a totally different movie than you see these days. Smith did a brilliant job in this movie and the setting was pulled off in such a way that it really made believe that it was a desolate and abandoned New York City. I thought it was a great movie and that's my opinion.

Tell me why, if you can.

I am allowed to say whatever the fuck I want. You can't say I questioned someone in any manner, this is the internet, and my words are text. The reader can interpret my tone however they want to. And I was expecting an answer, it was your interpretation of what I said that made it seem like I didn't.

And I am sure of my opinion on the film, it's my fucking opinion, of course I'm sure of it! Besides, where did I every say what I said was of "professional" quality? I'm posting on a message board, of course it isn't professional quality. I said "steaming pile of shit"; that's obviously not professional.

Oooh, I get it. So you can question peoples ability to judge film, but I no one can question your ability to judge film.

Let's see what you said to Arteeee:

Tell me why, if you can.

Yes, you weren't questioning his opinion at all.

I'm not a "movie-goer". I usually stick to independant films, but I was bored and decided to go see it. I don't think he did a very good job acting. At all.

You like indie films and you are questioning his acting? ahaha

Just because you wrote a little review doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid. I thought it was a shitty movie. Nice "professional" quality though. :awesome:

I never said it did, I was picking on your for insulting Artiee without merit. I'm far from a a film expert and "I am Legend" was only the fifth film I saw in 2007.

EDIT: I think it's funny that you think my opinion isn't valid or that I'm not professional enough to have an opinion on film because it differs from yours. It's awesome.

I didn't love the film, nor am I attacking your opinion. I am attacking your attack on Artiee's opinion. Of course, when I questioned your opinion you get defensive and go in the offensive. Not so great when the shoe is on the other foot.

Oh, by the way.. .thanks for proving all my points in your offensive response.

Oooh, I get it. So you can question peoples ability to judge film, but I no one can question your ability to judge film.

Let's see what you said to Arteeee:

Yes, you weren't questioning his opinion at all.

You like indie films and you are questioning his acting? ahaha

I never said it did, I was picking on your for insulting Artiee without merit. I'm far from a a film expert and "I am Legend" was only the fifth film I saw in 2007.

I didn't love the film, nor am I attacking your opinion. I am attacking your attack on Artiee's opinion. Of course, when I questioned your opinion you get defensive and go in the offensive. Not so great when the shoe is on the other foot.

Oh, by the way.. .thanks for proving all my points in your offensive response.

Indie films have nothing to do with someones acting ability. Sometimes Indie films have much better acting then big blockbusters.

Guys don't let this argument get too out of control, remember to hug after.

I never said I didn't question his opinion. I wanted to know why he liked it. I already told you why I didn't like it. It was bad to the point of laughter.

Of course! That clearly lists the logical and well defined reasons why you didn't like the movie!

I think you're picking on me because you're intimidated by me, this isn't the first time you've generated a huge response from, like, two sentences that I have posted. You're not doing anything different than I am, and in fact, you started this.

I'm picking on you? That's an odd way to put it. Maybe you are the one who is intimidated?

I didn't like your attitude, I didn't like the way you attacked a person for saying he liked a movie you didn't, and I didn't like the fact that you didn't even try to discuss the movie by it's merits but just snubbed it off. But, clearly your opinion logically stated as "Bad to the point of laughter" is enough to describe why Artie clearly shouldn't have liked the movie!

I'm no where near intimidated by you, I'm annoyed by you.