Accelerated Evolution

what film/tv ep did you last watch?

margot

'The Machinist' blew my mind. He actually stopped eating completely for that film. I couldn't even watch a lot of it b/c he looked so gross. He actually said after watching the film, he realized how deathly thin he was.

Then, he had to gain like 100 lbs for Batman Begins which was filmed less than one year after 'The Machinist'.

He's one hell of an actor.

Yea good movie. It was weird if I remember correctly. Was that the one where he had a break with reality? And he went insane right?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea good movie. It was weird if I remember correctly. Was that the one where he had a break with reality? And he went insane right?

Yup that was it. And that weird guy kept following him around and messing with his mind. It's a really confusing movie so you gotta sit down and watch it closely. It's too bad the movie didn't get more attention than it recieved because I thought it was well done.

'Everything Is Illuminated'. Excellent movie,based on the novel by Jonathan Safran Foer. It came out in select theatres in September and I was really hoping it would get a wider release because it is great. It's about a man (Elijah Wood) who goes to the Ukraine to search for the woman that saved his grandfather from the Nazi's. Check it out!

Audition

Star Trek III: Search For Spock

I didn't really know what to think of Audition. It's pretty straightforward for a good portion of the film. The problem is viewers, I imagine, can get easily confused by what part is a dream and what part is not, and why they go back to earlier parts in the movie, but they're just different interpretations from the character's point of view. Watching the last scenes of the movie with Takashi Miike's commentary helped though.

As for Search For Spock, its greatness is pretty much self explanatory.