Accelerated Evolution
margot

what film/tv ep did you last watch?

I bet it was the science behind the pig rail gun.

close! but more like

why

the US wasn't more involved when they found out that the prawns had 'something' that turned humans into their own.

when

(after knowing this) the mothership was activated that there wasn't a call to arms to try to destroy it. considering everything humans put these guys through.

why the hell

Wilkus screws over Chris a good four or five times in the movie, considering his ass shouldn't know what the hell to do with the tech that would change him back.

none of that seemed to bother me in the theater/first few times seeing it. but at home, alone, with no distractions or people talking made me think about it this time around.

Did ghosts haunt the shit out of you while you were asleep!?

it would have been more entertaining if it did. but not as much as this

Yesterday i watched the first 30 minutes of Wristcutters: A Love Story and The Brothers Bloom. THEY BOTH SUCK

Yesterday i watched the first 30 minutes of Wristcutters: A Love Story and The Brothers Bloom. THEY BOTH SUCK

i'll give you Wristcutters since it's boring and unintentionally funny, but Brothers Bloom is alright. at least better than other recent heist/con-artist movies with good actors that are just terrible.

close! but more like

why

the US wasn't more involved when they found out that the prawns had 'something' that turned humans into their own.

when

(after knowing this) the mothership was activated that there wasn't a call to arms to try to destroy it. considering everything humans put these guys through.

why the hell

Wilkus screws over Chris a good four or five times in the movie, considering his ass shouldn't know what the hell to do with the tech that would change him back.

honestly there was no reason for the US to get involved to begin with seeing as the only people who knew what was actually happening to Wilkus was MNU, the prawns and himself. The US wasn't involved in the movie at all when it came to the Prawn technology or Wilkus, not to mention the entire movie took place in Johannesburg, South Africa and District 9 itself which was just outside of the city. Not to mention nobody on Earth knows how prawn technology works other than that a prawn has to use it. Further, theres no reason for people to try to attack the mothership, especially since it's way more advanced than any piece of technology on Earth. Yea it started moving, but it wasn't going anywhere fast when it activated nor did it show any aggressive signs. Nobody knew what was going on with it. It's best not to provoke a stronger opponent. Sure Wilkus screws over Christopher, but in that kind of situation he wasn't thinking straight. he knew there were devices on the ship that could reverse his transformation, but it never crossed his mind that he may not know how to use them. He was driven by emotion in that situation, not logic. as many people are everyday, though not quite under the same circumstances. the fact he did that made his character seem all the more real to me.

In other news I just watched UHF. I lol'd hard.

District 9- fuck this movie

Paranormal Activity- hated the main guy Micah(what a douche) and Keira's vid of the college humor spoof was better then this movie.

Catch up time.

Vantage Point - Funny how a movie that plays of Lost's gimmick of "play the same events only from a different persons perspective" stars Jack from Lost and the big twist centers around him. But what the fuck. The end of never tied back into that gimmick, it's all dumped just by Dennis Quaid looking at a TV monitor. This probably would have worked better as a mini series.

Star Trek - Don't really understand all the hate besides the lens flare. Only thing that seem to irk me about the plot is why a tiny dollop of Red Matter could make a planet implode and cause a shift in time, but Spock was carrying a insane amount on board this tiny ship.

Green Lantern: First Flight - Awesome. Probably liked it more since I have no knowledge of Green Lantern other then he's a dude in green tights with a tiny mask and a ring, so I didn't have that stupid "OH MY GOD THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS IN THE COMICS" thing.

With God on Our Side: George W. Bush and the Rise of the Religious Right in America - The first hour is sorta like a very long drum buildup, showing the more open side of Evangelists. Followed by a ten min rimshot of showing nothing but these same people saying how homosexuals and abortion clincs caused 9/11, and that children are preforming oral sex because Monica Lewinsky made it "cool".

Avatar. Lol furry Pocahontas. Honestly this film would have been a whole lot better If not for the horribly one demensional villians

i think you mean 3 DIMENSIONAL!!!!!

watched Teenage Mutant ninja turtles 2 the other day. Horrible horrible film. Actually the films only saving grace was the the whole "ninja rap" sequence. It is a testament to vanilla ice's greatness.

Cowboy Bebop

Only this time with drugs!

I wish I could go back in time and slap my old self some knowledge, Booster Gold style.

Finally finished season 5 of Rescue Me. Excellent. I also started watching Grey's Anatomy (don't laugh). I really enjoyed it when it first started, but since moving out several years ago, I haven't had cable. Picked up season 1 last week and I am excited to complete it.

Black Dyanamite. he was one bad 'motha.

WAIT.. IT'S OUT?!?!>!

about to watch Justice league crisis on 2 earths... a week ahead of time... I can't wait to see Ultraman and Owman kick ass in this