Accelerated Evolution
margot

what film/tv ep did you last watch?

Jesus Camp.

when the scene with the little girl who takes a good two minutes to bless her bowling ball before taking a shot was playing i said to myself "man. she must be a pain in the ass to bowl with" and right afterward i spilled coffee over this nice white shirt.

dick move, Jesus.

i don't care what anyone says, i thought Drive Angry was fucking awesome.

Gnomeo & Juliet was okay, it had some irritating things about it though. i imagine one of the production meetings went something like this

Director: Listen, the ending where you have characters wrap up their stories and provide context for the human characters, we're just going to cut all that and replace it with a big dance number to a Elton John song.

Writer: That doesn't seem to make any sense...

Director: It doesn't have to make sense, I'm the director!

X-men: First Class. Might as well have been called X-men: First Stand.

I am not kidding when I say this movie is hilarious. There were so many times when I laughed out loud in the theater. Besides being obviously rushed into theaters there is so much wrong with the movie (and features my new favorite worst child actor scenes). And surprisingly

Hugh Jackman's cameo is really funny.

In conclusion jazz hands = magnetism.

X-Men First Class ...throughly enjoyed it... but I heard people bitch about the stupidest of shit..about it which included..

Moira McTaggert having an american accent

and

Emma Frost having an american accent.. considering that the character is from the northeast anyway

I know it blows my mind also about people.

The Fountain. 2DEEP4ME. Seriously. Not saying its anywhere batshit insane as something like Eraserhead but I wasn't sure what the point was. Was it a movie about accepting death? Was it about rebirth? Was it Aron Aronosky (?) reading buddhist literature and getting really fucking high before directing?

Green Lantern:

Felt underwhelming. The Hal Jordon bits where dull and their just wasn't enough Green Lantern bits for my liking

A Tale of Two Sister:

Not very scary in all honesty. Must be a cultural thing

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance:

Very much unlike Oldboy (same director) in that it was slower paced and had little dialog. Also the subtitles didn't sub certain parts so I was left a bit confused

Green Lantern... loved every bit...I hated the redundancy though in the intro.. they could have just told it within the movie instead of explaining it in the beginning.. and I just found out.. that there was a ton of stuff cut out from the movie... kinda pissed me off.. but oh well

James Cameron Presents James Cameron's Sanctum Produced By James Cameron. directed by some guy

the script is atrocious. everyone but the old guy seems mentally handicapped because when people start dying from stupid mistakes, somehow he's blamed for "murdering" them. the film is fine when everyone shuts their damn mouth. and the fact that they shovel Cameron's name in the credits when his involvement was probably a few conference calls here and there is annoying.

Memories of Matsuko

A really depressing movie though I'm not sure what the message was or if thier really was one. Seems like its about some kind of selfless love though the actions taken by the main character would contradict that in some ways

What did they remove from the GL movie?

I also saw the last Harry Potter movie. It was the best one yet...I suppose.

I am now currently having a Shield marathon. Vic Mackey is the shit! I am in season 4 right now. Don't look now, but I think Cruella Deville just showed up!

What did they remove from the GL movie?

There was more flashbacks of Hal when he was a kid with Carol and Hector

Saw a midnight showing of Captain America and I figure the only way you will dislike this movie is if you went in with a negative point from the beginning..I didn't do that.. and wow I was surpised because I love the propaganda and everything about the movie.. especially the character development of Steve Rogers... and Howard Stark is awesome as hell...and I would have to rank this as the top marvel movie this year with X-Men First class behind it then Thor.

Meshes of the Afternoon.

I enjoyed it a lot even though the ending is predicable. Haven't got around to watching her other stuff on this dvd, since Meshes was the one recommended that I watch first. It looks like most of her films that she finished are on here. I'm interesting in watching The Private Life of a Cat next.

Found out Ds9 was on amazon instant (for free with prime membership), so I've been watching that and all seasons of home movies on netflix streaming.

"Rise of the planet of the apes" This was actually pretty good, and I saw a product I worked on at my last company in the film.

It was one of the newer models as well that I worked on and tested. :laugh:

Too bad I never tested it against ape attacks and pandemic viruses.

WELL. I'm now on season 5 of Dexter, about half way done. Just finished season 1 of True Blood. Only started it because two actors are coming to my work fundraiser in October and I wanted to be prepared and in the loop. Not bad, but I'm so not into vampires.

Just watched Boot Camp and am currently watching Sympathy for Delicious - which sucks.

"The Idiot Brother"

Not bad, always enjoy Paul Rudd.

Super aweome seeing Zooey Deschanel as a lesbian (well bi-sexual at the very least). I'm sure Coffee is all over this film now.

Hanna, The Godfather, and The Usual Suspects.

Hanna has a awesome soundtrack. The Godfather was almost 3 hours long yet held my interest all the way through (granted, I watched it in two sittings). The Ususual Suspects was great even with having the big twist spoiled for me countless times before i actually got to see it.