Accelerated Evolution

Damn Tooth

Well here I am again with another tooth problem. It's the same tooth as last year but this time it was an abscess and the tooth had to be pulled this morning.. It always seems like just what things are starting to go right, something like this happens... :sad:

At least this time I wont have to worry about having surgery a few days later.... I hope. :unsure:

Has anyone here ever had a tooth pulled?

Urk, I just hate dentistry work in general... I had to get a few teeth pulled a few years back... Well, several. I had two baby teeth left a couple of years overdue for coming out, and they were making my adult teeth grow in on the sides (to this day they are still a little crooked, but they're in the back of my mouth, so it doesn't really affect my appearence. And as for eating, teeth are teeth.). So, my dentist loaded me up with drugs and pulled them. It sucked. Especially because (this part of the post is incredibly gross [to me anyway]) one of the teeth fragmented while it was being pulled, so the dentist had to get all the little pieces out...

It was sooo gross. However, my dentist's office then was near the EB, so my mom bought me Skies of Arcadia afterwards!

And, pretty soon, I have to go get my first cavity ever filled. Eh, got to get on that whole dental hygiene thing.

I few years ago I hated going to the dentist, but now I don't have a problem with it. This is my first tooth pulled but I've had cavity work done more then 8 or 9 times in the last ten years. So I'm used to it by now.

You don't have to worry about getting a cavity filled though, it's quick and easy, with no pain really.

My dentist just found out that I have insurance again, so suddenly I go from a few small cavities to 13 of them, one requiring a root canal (damned thing isn't even sensitive, let alone painful). Also, apparently my wisdom teeth have gone from harmless to a dire state of emergency. What a crock of shit. I've never had a good dentist.

I have like two cavities in the back of my mouth. I have my mom's teeth and even though I brush twice a day, the groves in my teeth are so deep so brushing doesn't always clean them, and I end up getting cavities. I'm used to getting them filled but my dentist found them a few years ago and I still haven't gotten them filled. I'm afraid soon I might have to get a root canal, even though they don't hurt right now, but my mom didn't make a root canal sound like the funnest thing in the world.

I have like two cavities in the back of my mouth. I have my mom's teeth and even though I brush twice a day, the groves in my teeth are so deep so brushing doesn't always clean them, and I end up getting cavities. I'm used to getting them filled but my dentist found them a few years ago and I still haven't gotten them filled. I'm afraid soon I might have to get a root canal, even though they don't hurt right now, but my mom didn't make a root canal sound like the funnest thing in the world.

If your dentist is competent and goes through all of the stages as quickly as possible (drilling, post, temporary crown, permanent crown), it's really not as bad as it sounds. Minor surgery is much, much worse.

Yeah, the cavity filling was much faster than I expected. I was getting ready for it to start hurting, or at least me reacting, or something, when he stood up and said he was done.

See, what did I tell you. You had nothing to worry about. :happy:

I'm a pro at those.

Yeah the novocaine is the worst part. At first I hated novocaine itself, but not anymore.

Am I the only one to ever have the novocaine not work one time and feel everything?

Not fun.....:sad:

See, what did I tell you. You had nothing to worry about. :happy:

I'm a pro at those.

Yeah the novocaine is the worst part. At first I hated novocaine itself, but not anymore.

Am I the only one to ever have the novocaine not work one time and feel everything?

Not fun.....:sad:

The novocaine itself was just annoying. But the worst part was that about an hour after the operation I went out to dinner (bad planning on my part) and I was still numb. I almost bit through my lip... It's still tender.

oh! this brings me to a funny story, i just remembered. when my parents were dating, my dad had to get something done at the dentist and he had to get the gas. my mom was there and he had apparently invited the nurses to a party and flirting with them. WHILE MY MOM WAS THERE. we joke about it all the time even though i wasn't even born yet XD

• 2 weeks later...

I hate dentists. I've never had a good one and I had braces for four years which made things even worse. One time, my orthodontist was filing my teeth and he turned around to say something to one of his co-workers and his hand slipped. The tooth filer (or whatever you call it) went into my lip and cut it open. He said, "Oops, sorry I cut your lip."

That's it!!!!! I was so pissed. There was blood pouring down my face and ever since then I am so twitchy in dentist offices. I'd rather go to the doctor any day.