Accelerated Evolution

course selection dilemmaaaa

amy

english classes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think I (i.e. not you xD I know the majority here would go for theology) would like better

• Theology in Literature
    • Semiotics

Okay, at my school, senior english classes are absolutely awesome, unleveled, and there are like nine or ten - I'm deciding between two that I've wanted to take since freshman year. :D

Theology in Literature - I want to take this cause religion is really interesting and deals with like all the important parts of the human soulll. I hear it's very difficult and there is a lot of writing which I am really bad at, but the issues will definitely be interesting. I hear the teacher is extremely smart and good at what she does but a little like, non "Hey Ms. Whatever, how was your weekend, haha awesome, we really don't feel like taking notes today so we're going to ask a bunch of questions about the final exam" ish. I dunno if that's such a good thing senior year. :P Also I think this could easily get boring, you know...

Semotics - NOBODY can explain this subject concisely, not even the teacher, Ms. Dairo. As far as I can tell it deals with linguistics (i'm interested in that) and "signs", whatever that means. Ms. Dairo came in to our class and told us to look at the ceiling, and the floor, and all the walls, and the roof outside the school, and to pull off the roof and look down at ourselves, and she asked what we saw? and we said SQUARES! and she said YES! and she told us about how squares are order and efficiency and how people commit sucide in college because of squares. She also gave the example of how culture affects perception by asking us to think about what we would think seeing a bunch of people with gas masks on the T. We said "SARS" or "Afraid of getting a cold." When she asked if anyone knew what they'd think in Tokyo I said "The people in gas masks have a cold and don't want to spread it" and that was supposed to mean the valuation of the group in Asia versus "rugged individualism" here. It seems a bit too stereotypical and clear-cut to me, but both examples apparently have a lot to with semiotics. >> Also I'm a bit afraid of taking something people can't explain, it seems too uselessly intellectual. Ms. Dairo is also just VULGAR in her Democratism and Bush-bashing, she told us NEVER TRAVEL, heh heh, there are STUPID PEOPLE. SCARYYY. I dunno, I love the midwest and the plains and I felt sad she does not love America in the same way T__T. Maybe she was just trying to get our attention though. She seems kind of warm and exciting despite that. Anyway, I love hearing liberal propaganda, even though I think it's idiotic. I could probably stand to hear it for a year, no more. Also there's apparently a lot more discussion there than other English classes and that's a big plus for me since I love talking. xD I bet I could get a really good grade.

As for talking to people today I'm going to ask Julia who took a different class with Ms. Dairo and try to find out who the Theology teacher is and say hi and ask a few questions. :D

WHAT DO YOUUUU THINK

I would find theology in literature much more fascinating, but this semiotics seems to have fascinated you even more.

Civil rights is always agood thing. Yes.

I can't wait to start studying about Bose-Einstein quantum statistics, Maxwell-Boltzmann statistics, Mohr's Circle, Castigliano’s theorem, & other neat stuff & applying them in the lab for mechanical engineering! ( ^o^) <3

Semotics - NOBODY can explain this subject concisely, not even the teacher, Ms. Dairo. As far as I can tell it deals with linguistics (i'm interested in that) and "signs", whatever that means. Ms. Dairo came in to our class and told us to look at the ceiling, and the floor, and all the walls, and the roof outside the school, and to pull off the roof and look down at ourselves, and she asked what we saw? and we said SQUARES! and she said YES! and she told us about how squares are order and efficiency and how people commit sucide in college because of squares.

I can almost guarentee your teacher has taken drugs.

Well I loved him and admired his strong words so much but I slowly became to realize he hates me because I am 75% white and 75% opressing his people. I know he says that he is not a racist in some places but I've listened to tons of radio interviews where he basically says he hates whites and especally white liberals who tried to identify with the movement. XDDDDDDD

Well I loved him and admired his strong words so much but I slowly became to realize he hates me because I am 75% white and 75% opressing his people. I know he says that he is not a racist in some places but I've listened to tons of radio interviews where he basically says he hates whites and especally white liberals who tried to identify with the movement. XDDDDDDD

Ohhh TT I've kind of been there like I actually supported the European repatriation movement (send all the white people back to europe) even though I hate Europe so I didn't really know what I'd do

The guy who teaches the class is white which made me feel not so guilty xD

I hope I feel guilty though, it wouldn't be much of a class if I didn't