Accelerated Evolution

Lacrosse?

darkon

xD that's what my dad said when I told him it was for rich people apparently I have some lacrosse champion great-grandfather. I think it's only rich people who play it now though.

Coming from the only state in America where lacrosse is part of daily discussion. No.

I like Lacross. Roughnecks all the way. <.<

And it's one of the few sports I enjoy playing too.

haha...apparently we're archrivals when it comes to Lacrosse.

Or the country that names it the national sport... (It's not Hockey, damnit.)

But Hockey is so much cooler...

Uh yeah...anyways...I don't watch it much but I know that the Toronto Rock are pretty damn good [come on, champions in, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05].

I think we should go back to Lacrosse's roots...

From Wikipedia:

Lacrosse has witnessed great modifications since its origins in the 1400s, but many aspects of the sport remain the same. In the North American Indian version, each team consisted of about 100 to 1,000 men on a field that stretched about 500 yards to half a mile. Sometimes, the fields were even several miles long. Rather than having traditional goals where the ball has to pass through the goal posts, many of the Indian teams used a large rock or tree as their goal. They would hit the deerskin ball against the goal to earn points. The medicine-men acted as umpires, and the women urged on the men by beating them with switches. These lacrosse games lasted from sun up to sun down for two to three days. The games were played to settle intertribal disputes and also used to toughen young braves in preparation for future combat.

Hell yes.

All the Lacrosse players at my school want it to go back to its roots.

Yeah, but then we'd kick your A** because we got the guys who invented it up here. I know how to play, but don't actually play on a team. I do occasionally just play catch and stuff though. Team is much more fun, my friends don't appreciate it when i slam into them

Yeah, but then we'd kick your A** because we got the guys who invented it up here. I know how to play, but don't actually play on a team. I do occasionally just play catch and stuff though. Team is much more fun, my friends don't appreciate it when i slam into them

My dad's from up there. He's told me stories of lacrosse people in that part of New York.

I doubt you want to play lacrosse as in it was played in its roots. You got killed pretty easily. Although you did get a warriors funeral when you died, since it simulated combat.

Death wasn't that common, since death was not all that common in regular indian warfare ubtil the white man showed up with his guns. Broken bones and heads on the otherhand are a totally different story.

• 2 weeks later...