Accelerated Evolution

childhood books!

Frog and Toad

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

Matilda/chocolate factory/Roald Dahl stuff :3

The Wheel on the School by Mendert DeJong (I still love this book)

Little House on the Prarie books

Books about the solar system >>

The Hobbit

Frindle (it's about a bunch of kids who get together and call pens frindles it was so cool)

Magic School Bus

Animorphs and Goosebumps *dies* XD

The Wheel on the School is about a school in I think Holland where there are only six students and it's a tiny fishing town and there are no storks that live there, and everyone dreams there would be storks, so they all try really hard to find a wagon wheel and put it on top of the school so the storks can sleep somewhere and it's just written amazingly and I recommend it to everyone ._.

Go Dog Go

Green Eggs and Ham

All the Where's Waldo books and the many spinoffs his friends had.

I think I had this book called Mr. Banana Head that I absolutely loved.

And then eventually I got sucked into Goosebumps before finally moving on to start reading "big boy" books like Tolkien and the Dragonlance series.

I never got into Animorphs myself. I tried reading one of the books, but I just couldn't do it.

Aw man...when I was in Kindergarten I really liked this book titled 'I Like Jam' or something like that...probably because we were told to go read it to random teachers and we got stickers for everytime we read through the entire thing.

Other than that...I liked the book 'The Phantom Tollbooth' -- I remember I read it back in Elementary school...I haven't read it since but yeah...

I also loved The Pushcart War which was published in 1964 (my favorite year) and I didn't realize it at the time but is about labor unions and is just extremely interesting, I love all the books that are entirely full of anecdotes.

I liked to read books that were full of real stories about survival against all odds, like sailing across the Atlantic in a motorboat, or living through a gigantic flood, or going seventeen months without food, I only could find two or three but I read them over and over transfixed imagining I was there (I wanted to be in the flood because it would be fun to sail across on the water) and thinking how hard it would be or how some of the stories were relatively wimpy. One of the people that sailed across the Atlantic in a motorboat would lick the wrappers of old food for the taste once they ran out of food

I remember having the Hobbit read to me at, like, two. It's one of my earliest memories, in fact.

I also had a bit of the Fellowship of the Ring read to me around 8 years old. And then I read the entire Lord of the Rings when I was ten or so.

Goodnight Moon is the shit. And there was this other book that I can't remember the title of it, but it went out of print and I was really sad, so my mom got it from the library and photocopied every page and bound it nicely for me (Aww...) and gave it to me for my birthday. It was about this old woman who lived on a raft and there was something else she did.

Goosebumps used to be awesome, I have a large box filled up with them.

Yertle the Turtle is the greatest childrens book ever written. Because he is the king of all he can fucking see.

Then Yertle the Turtle was perched up so high,

He could see forty miles from his throne in the sky!

"Hooray!" shouted Yertle. "I'm the king of the trees!

I'm king of the birds! And I'm king of the bees!

I'm king of the butterflies! King of the air!

Ah, me! What a throne! What a wonderful chair!

I'm Yertle the Turtle! Oh, marvelous me!

For I am the ruler of all that I see!"

There should be a death metal song based on that story.

man, I was a book junky as a kid...

*Choose Your Own Adventures was great! although I always died or ended up in a dark hole for eternity and, really? same difference

*Where's Wallace (the precurser to Where's Waldo!)

*Little House on the Prairie/Anne of Green Gables

*Great Brain

*Dooley and the Snortsnoot

*Andrew Henry's Meadow (soon to be a movie made by Zach Braff! :ohmy:)

*Encyclopedia Brown

*Where the Sidewalk Ends (just about read that book into the ground)

The Pokey Little Puppy

this book pwnz

yes. it does!