Accelerated Evolution

George Lucas

I don't think big budget films are going to die. The publics interest in films has wained because of over priced tickets, disapointing films that generated a lot of hype, and obnoxious moviegoers. Nobody wants to pay $20 at a theatre (ticket + snacks) when they can spend the same amount on the DVD and watch it whenever they want with peace and quiet.

If studios cared enough to pay attention to the quality of the films they produce rather than produce films based on what they want us to be hyped about, then interest in films would increase.

To sum it up, the movie theatre experience has been killed and now people prefer the home-theatre experience.

I'm so glad I live in an area where I only have to pay 6 bucks ever to watch a movie in a nice theater. I never have a problem going to see movies in the theater around here, I'll even go if I think the movie is probably going to be sucky. It's only 6 bucks and it gets me out of the house for awhile.

I'm so glad I live in an area where I only have to pay 6 bucks ever to watch a movie in a nice theater. I never have a problem going to see movies in the theater around here, I'll even go if I think the movie is probably going to be sucky. It's only 6 bucks and it gets me out of the house for awhile.

Exactly, I see alot of movies. Some good and some absoulutley terrible. It's fun to sit in the dark and hang out in a calm place with your friends for a while. It's relaxing and takes stress away from life.