Accelerated Evolution

Steampunk Anything.

Ceraziefish

I'm on a huge steampunk kick right now. So I don't really care what we do, who does it, or even anything. As long as we play a steampunk game.

Right now I'm sort of interested in an alternate history thing, rather than the completely fictional world of, say, Iron Kingdoms. I'd rather do something with the British Empire or something. Also, I'd like to include elements of pulp fiction -- such as traveling across the world on Imperialist missions (because Imperialism is one of those things I hate in real life but find incredibly fun in games... see also Religious Intolerance, Armed Robbery and Depraved Warfare). And, while traveling across, you do it in a zeppelin, with a clockwork sword and a steam powered motorcycle.

And biplanes. Lots of biplanes.

Say, you know that campaign book you bought and started with us and then enver finished? The Witchfire Trilogy? Well, despite what Rob Baxter or whatever his name is says, you can change that world all you want, and I think it could stand to improve many of the elements you just mentioned.

Belial ran a game pretty similar to this concept last summer for a couple weeks that was pretty fun. It was more of a WWII alternate-history air pirates type setting, but giant zeppelins and biplanes were very abundant. I played a wealthy businessman who owned an airplane manufacturing company after his father, who was a former air pirate who decided to start the company after striking it rich in WWI, passed away; but he decided he really hated the world of business and wanted to get out and experience the world first hand.

So yeah, I'm all for a steampunk game.

Belial ran a game pretty similar to this concept last summer for a couple weeks that was pretty fun. It was more of a WWII alternate-history air pirates type setting, but giant zeppelins and biplanes were very abundant. I played a wealthy businessman who owned an airplane manufacturing company after his father, who was a former air pirate who decided to start the company after striking it rich in WWI, passed away; but he decided he really hated the world of business and wanted to get out and experience the world first hand.

So yeah, I'm all for a steampunk game.

Yeah, too bad I was working too much to organize that game properly, and I started it too late in the summer. :sad:

But I'd be up for this.

Off topic, but you got me interested in Warmachine minitures and the Pen and Paper campaign setting that goes along with that world. After school im going to look more into them and possibly decide what I'm doing.

They're both awesome, though unfortunately Ceraziefish never seems to want to play WARMACHINE with me anymore (I unknowingly chose a pretty cheap faction to play as), and our Iron Kingdoms game seems to be on hold.

They're both awesome, though unfortunately Ceraziefish never seems to want to play WARMACHINE with me anymore (I unknowingly chose a pretty cheap faction to play as), and our Iron Kingdoms game seems to be on hold.

OFF TOPIC LOL I never want to play WARMACHINE (and yes, properly spelled it is in all caps. That's the type of game it is) because I have so few models and I get sick of proxying all the time.

One of these days I'll get a Centurion and we'll start playing again. And I'm going to start playing at Game Wizard (the proverbial local gaming store around here) so that should spark my interest.

And Iron Kingdoms is starting up again on Friday.

/OFF TOPIC

Yeah, alternate history WWII, sounds good. I was aiming for more of a WWI level of technology, though, maybe with more together planes. But I dig the idea of revolvers and bolt action rifles being the only feasible portable weapons, automatic ones being too heavy. Also, I like the idea of melee weapons still being a feasible plan. And horses. Light cavalry was still used in WWI if I remember correctly, if only for scouting and such. Because the tanks were so crappy.

As for system? I have no idea. None. What do people want to play, eh?