Accelerated Evolution

People on social networking sites are wierd :|

So why do people just up and decid its ok to message a person they've never even met before and act like they know them? It's totally unnerving for me and more then a little creepy, but I suppose thats the whole point of sites like MySpace and Facebook: to break down the invisible socail barriers of privacy that exsist in the real world in order to more freely communicate with total strangers. I still find it a little wierd though. So yeah, discuss

So why do people just up and decid its ok to message a person they've never even met before and act like they know them? It's totally unnerving for me and more then a little creepy, but I suppose thats the whole point of sites like MySpace and Facebook: to break down the invisible socail barriers of privacy that exsist in the real world in order to more freely communicate with total strangers. I still find it a little wierd though. So yeah, discuss

Well, is that not what we're doing here? Before I joined AN and then AE, the only person I knew in real life was Ceraziefish and Masked Man #2, and now I've actually talked to 3 of the members of this board that I didn't know on the phone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

So, i guess the time has arrived for me to finally start using this site. I can hold back no longer.. Let the addiction begin! I took a look at your profile and well, I liked what I saw.. ;p

So, my name is Sarah, and I'm from Schdy, New York. I think we should be friends, because you seem pretty fun, and interesting, and possibly cute! (it's so tough to tell in this crazy digital world.. :)

anyways, i'd go on and on, but I wanna get an answer from you first! You should check out my other page on this other site, I'm allllways on over there: www.friendconnect.org?id=2201&mypics (my username is beckgirl). I probably won't be coming here everyday anyway. Then maybe we could chat sometime! you know what they say.. appearance wins over the eyes, but personality captures the heart.. LOL!

talk to you soon,

Sarah

The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking... the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.

Albert Einstein

She's 31. Wtfaux. I don't want anything to do with old people >_>