Accelerated Evolution

FFXII Comes out tommorow? (In Japan)

Wind

Famitsu gave it 40/40.

In other news, Famitsu is off my list of trusted publications.

They've been off of my list of trusted publications for quite a while. In fact, I don't have any trusted publications. Every publication hates games that I like and loves games that I hate.

I'm expecting FF12 to be another one of those games that everyone thinks is the greatest game ever made for the first month or so, but will be hated by many once the hype dies down.

I had so much hope when the creative director for FFTA was behind Twelve. Then the got rid of him and I could just see it turning to crap.

Didn't he get sick or something? Plus, when they did the staff overhaul it was more or less to dot the i's and cross the t's. They game was done for the most part well over a year ago. Voice acting was the big holdup this time around.

No. They got rid of him becuase the game was making no progress. It wasn't nearly done at the time. It sat at 30% completion for a whole year.

I'm almost certain it was more than that.

Plus, in any case, it's not like the person who took over was able to remove his touch from it much if at all.

If the final product is anything like the demo that came with DQ/W8, then it will be clumsy, awkward, and utterly un-Final Fantasy crap.

Explain un-Final Fantasy. The series has been in a constant state of evolution since its start. Just look at the growth system in FFII, the job system in FFIII, the 5-party system and forced classes of FFIV, the Espers of FFVI, the ATB, materia, and limit breaks of FFVII, the junction system of FFVIII, the abilities of FFIX, the sphere grid of FFX.

I'm almost certain it was more than that.

Plus, in any case, it's not like the person who took over was able to remove his touch from it much if at all.

Naturally a chane in directors doesn't alter the final product at all. Excuse me while I ask Alexander Witt to go and redirect Casablanca to prove your point.

Naturally a chane in directors doesn't alter the final product at all. Excuse me while I ask Alexander Witt to go and redirect Casablanca to prove your point.

Of course the final product was changed. I'm saying they couldn't change alot since the preliminary work was all taken care of and they were in the process of developing the actual game when they replaced him because he took forever to develop it.