Accelerated Evolution

V for Vendetta

i thought it was pretty lame that the billboards for the movie say "from the people who brought you the matrix!", but don't mention alan moore anywhere. lame

as for watching the movie... theatre-going is out of my price range

Alan Moore demanded his name be removed from the movie. So you won't see it anywhere.

i thought it was pretty lame that the billboards for the movie say "from the people who brought you the matrix!", but don't mention alan moore anywhere. lame

as for watching the movie... theatre-going is out of my price range

Alan Moore asked not to be mentioned in the adverts or credits.

Edit: DAMMIT GIMPSTA!

Alan Moore asked not to be mentioned in the adverts or credits.

Edit: DAMMIT GIMPSTA!

I love you even though you keep trying to steal my kool-aid.

But yes, Arsinol has it right. Basically he saw the screenplays for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen and decided he wanted his name pulled from all movies based on his work. However he also completely disowned DC over some legal issues as well. And being that the movie rights are owned by DC / Warner...

Can't say I blame him. I'd hate to have my name anywhere near LoEG.

I love you even though you keep trying to steal my kool-aid.

But yes, Arsinol has it right. Basically he saw the screenplays for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen and decided he wanted his name pulled from all movies based on his work. However he also completely disowned DC over some legal issues as well. And being that the movie rights are owned by DC / Warner...

Can't say I blame him. I'd hate to have my name anywhere near LoEG.

LoEG sucked, but if the other movies end up being good then he's just going to look like a dick.

Even though my friends were too dumb to know who was behind the mask from the preview, we're all still going to see it.
Now this worries me a little. (Spoiler?) You're not supposed to know who V is under his mask; in fact, I'm pretty sure it would have taken a whole lot away from the comic if you found out. So when you say they were "too dumb", do you mean that the commercial hinted towards it being someone and they didn't pick up on it, or did they just not realize who the actor was?

I've read reviews of the film/script, and I'm a little worried, but I'll still be seeing it for my birthday.

Now this worries me a little. (Spoiler?) You're not supposed to know who V is under his mask; in fact, I'm pretty sure it would have taken a whole lot away from the comic if you found out. So when you say they were "too dumb", do you mean that the commercial hinted towards it being someone and they didn't pick up on it, or did they just not realize who the actor was?

I've read reviews of the film/script, and I'm a little worried, but I'll still be seeing it for my birthday.

SPOILERS: They never say who he is.

I don't mean the character under the mask... the actor.