Accelerated Evolution

Parents' Rights

Sooo parents rights relating to schools are an issue because some parents don't want their children hearing stuff like "It's Okay to be Gay" and think that's in violation of some federal law and that they should have control over what their kids hear in health class etc. like, children shouldn't have access to information on how to get an abortion without parent consent

In my town last year there was a "diversity book bag" that had a book called Who's In A Family? for kindergarten and in that book there was a picture of a gay couple making breakfast in the morning with their daughter or something, and this guy David Parker saw it and flipped out and went onto the school yelling about how it shouldn't be there and then the school people were like, "Well sorry mister, nothing I can do about it" and he was like "WHAT" and got arrested and this became a BIG DEAL.

So do you think schools should have the right to tell students stuff about controversial issues, or should the parents have control over what is said

However, they do have the right for their child not to partake in it.

Even just as an offhand comment? Like, say in a third grade class some girl says "I have a gay uncle and he couldn't join the army", and someone else says "That's too bad" and it goes into a small discussion, should the unwilling parent's child be taken out of the room?

Wait, what?

When did this come about?

:P I don't know it's just something my mom likes. You know how when you take health you have to bring the form home for your parents to sign saying the curriculum is okay? That's the lawwww and the parents rights people are saying it should be more widely applied. (I think the parents should not have the right to control this! Yarrrr.)

:P I don't know it's just something my mom likes. You know how when you take health you have to bring the form home for your parents to sign saying the curriculum is okay? That's the lawwww and the parents rights people are saying it should be more widely applied. (I think the parents should not have the right to control this! Yarrrr.)

THERE IS A LAW LIKE THAT! WTF!

*GRABS A PICKET SIGN*

Well, I think realistically there's already too much of this "parents' rights" non-sense. Like children know nothing about the biology behind reproduction because their religious parents think it's immoral.

I guess I'm sort of going off on a tangeant, but sex-ed classes are so fucking ineffective in informing/preventing teen pregnancy, because everyone's worried about being sued, so they only preach abstinence. A lot of teenagers seriously think two condoms are better than one, or they hear from their friends that birth control is ineffective, so why bother using it? And a lack of knowledge on how to put on a condom correctly, ect.